Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Archives > Online Training (forum is closed to posting)

Old May 30th, 2006, 08:15 AM
New Forum User

Send a message via MSN to Bettijo
Unhappy Need help with lesson 20

Hello everyone, once again I am stumped....? I cannot do lesson 20. I am fine until I get to the part where I create a Adj. Layer. The Adj Layer shows up on top of the layer, so when I go to (Group with previous) that layer groupes with the background layer. I have tried moving the Adj. Layer beneath the layer I'm working on, then going through the rest of the steps. When I do this I can't paint to see the layer below. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Bettijo: confused:
Old May 30th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Enlightened Elder

Hi Bettijo ...

Before you create the adjustment layer go the the layers palette and click on the background layer. If you do that then the adjustment layer will be created in the right place ..

Then just follow the rest of the instructions and it should work OK ... do let me know if you can now follow it or if you need anymore help

Wendy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"

Old May 30th, 2006, 12:49 PM
New Forum User

Lesson 20

Thanks Wendy, that worked like a charm getting the Adj. Layer in the right place. However when I go to paint over the Mask (filled with black) with white, nothing happens. I've done this with other projects and it worked well. On this project it, nothing....any suggestions???
Old May 30th, 2006, 02:30 PM
Enlightened Elder

Hi Bettijo ...

Did you group the layers OK and does your layers palette look like Matts ??

Other thoughts are ... click on the layer mask before you start painting just to make sure that it is active.

Let me know how you go on

Wendy

"

Old May 30th, 2006, 08:29 PM
New Forum User

Wendy, I have gone step by step with the lesson, watching it on my laptop while doing it on my desktop. I still cannot get the picture below the mask to show through. I grouped the layers and my layer palette looks exactly like Matts. I also clicked on the mask....any other thoughts??? I've tried everything I can think of. Thanks for you help.
Old May 30th, 2006, 08:32 PM
Casual Forum User

What Blend Mode is your paintbrush set to? Make sure the Blend Mode in the options bar is Normal (not multiply, overlay, or anything like that). Some one had this exact problem the other day and that did the trick. Hope this helps.
Old May 30th, 2006, 09:28 PM
New Forum User

Smile

Thanks Matt, it was my brush mode. I have now finished lesson 20 and about to start on 21. I've learned sooooo much. Thanks a bunch. (This is so much fun). Bettijo
Old May 31st, 2006, 04:36 AM
Enlightened Elder

Hi Bettijo ...

So pleased that Matt solved the problem and you are now able to finish your image

One thing I always do ... whenever I use a different blend mode or opacity for the brushes/clone tool etc I reset the tool once I am finished. I learned to do that after a low opacity setting caused me all sorts of problems

Wendy

"