Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old May 20th, 2006, 04:39 PM
Senior Contributor

Confused again

Hi - I am trying to do the three tutorials on Showing Off. I have done it before and have notes but always run into problems when I go to do the little line around the image. It will only show on three sides and it also looks like it is beveled and I have not beveled it. I think my problem is in the layers. I have no problem with video one and two. When I start on video three I have trouble getting my photo to go smaller in the window so I can use the crop tool to make the canvas. I have many notes from working with this before BUT i just don't get it. I can finish up the tutorial too. It is just getting the original photo to a smaller size to make the canvas. I have tried just zooming out twice but maybe that is what affects the layers - I am really confused. I am going to post a screen shot where I am. At the end of the second video about to go onto the third. I have just done deselect. I have set the background to white and now want to make my photo smaller so I can add the canvas. Help please - sorry to have gone on like this but I have done it before so why is this happening. Please. Hope the screen shot works.
No, the screen shot did not work - how do I do that? It is one of those days...
Shari
http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?pi...0oj6YHGvMcyUdV
ok - figured that one out - now how to make the photo smaller in the edit box?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nikon D7100, 18-200 VR, 35mm f/1.8, 50 mm f1.4, Speedlite SB600
Photoshop CS5, Lightroom 4

iMac, Macbook Pro
Old May 20th, 2006, 05:02 PM
Senior Contributor

Shari:

Sorry I haven't done that one yet, but can you tell me how to do the screen shot.......I am sure I will have lots of occaisions to use it!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Canon Rebel xt; Canon 40D; canon 18- 55 mm; canon 75 - 300 mm f/5.6; canon 85mm f/1.8; canon 70-200 2.8 IS; canon 24-70 2.8; canon fisheye lens, cheap monopod; my fathers old wooden tripod, a Quantaray QSX 9002D tripod, 20 inch IMAC and a macbook pro
Old May 20th, 2006, 06:05 PM
Enlightened Elder

Shari ...

I see you started a new thread on this one

Wendy

"