Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Images and Creative Techniques > Show Your Work

Old April 18th, 2006, 08:05 PM
Senior Contributor

An old fashioned frame

This is my attempt at making an old fashioned frame for my grandparents' wedding photo. I'm not quite sure what a frame would have looked like in 1910 but I image it would not be in bright colours so I've gone for the drab look. I haven't touched the photo at all, it's just how it scanned.

http://www.photoshopelementsuser.com...mg.php?id=7019

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old April 18th, 2006, 08:52 PM
Senior Contributor

Robyn, I wouldn't change a thing! It's lovely.

--Linda
Old April 18th, 2006, 09:04 PM
Senior Contributor

Robyn
It's beautiful! Most frames from that time period were gray cardboard with black frilly scroll work - I have about 100 of them from family. I prefer the lovely colors of yours.

Old April 18th, 2006, 09:10 PM
Senior Contributor

Thank you Linda and Nancy.

Nancy, I really didn't have a clue what the frames of the period would be like. I would be interested in seeing a picture of the type of frame you describe. Perhaps you could e-mail me one of post a pic here. It might be fun to recreate a similar frame with another old picture.........might have to add a BIT of colour though.

and

Old April 18th, 2006, 09:16 PM
Senior Contributor

Smile

Robyn;
Your stained glass effects are really super. Nice work...
Tom
Old April 18th, 2006, 09:36 PM
Senior Contributor

Hi Robyn - that is gorgeous!! The picture is in perfect condition also - did you do any restoring on it? Your work is a real joy to see - I always enjoy it very much.

Old April 18th, 2006, 09:40 PM
Senior Contributor

Robyn
I'll be happy to. I'll dig one out tomorrow and scan it. They are quite artistic - just drab.

Edit:

Also meant to ask - the black and white of William - did you do any other special effects besides just converting to black/white? It looks like it might have some smudge done to it.
It is quite beautiful. I would like to do one of Auggie to put with the one Terry did.

Old April 18th, 2006, 09:49 PM
Senior Contributor

Thank you all for such great comments.

Mary, I didn't touch the picture at all, just scanned it as is. They were my paternal grandparents and I also have the wedding picture (in very good condition) of my maternal grandparents. Weren't the wedding gowns of that era absolutely exquisite!

and

Old April 18th, 2006, 09:53 PM
Senior Contributor

Nancy,
Re William's photo. No smudging at all......but I did a LOT of layers with varying degrees of opacity and numerous blend modes to arrive at the final outcome. It looks so simple but it actually took quite a long time for me to arrive at something I was satisfied with. I think it is beautiful, but then if it's got William in it, it is always going to be beautiful to me.....no matter what.

and

Old April 18th, 2006, 10:28 PM
Senior Contributor

Beautiful as usual, Robyn!
Canon Pro9000 printer; Epson Perfection 2580 Photo scanner
Canon Digital Rebel XSi, 75-300mm IS lens, 28-135mm IS lens, 60mm macro lens, a set of extender rings, AND a 70-200 L lens
Nikon Coolpix P100
and an iphone that I'm learning to use