Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old April 12th, 2006, 03:07 AM
Known Forum User

Send a message via MSN to Hamlet 77
How do I curve text?

One of my infamous easter cards could do with the Happy Easter greetings curving above and below he main subject.

BUT I have tried every single distort and render filter on the text and nowt works. The example below is as good as I got.

What do I need to do please, pretty please?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eastercard03_edited-1.jpg (15.8 KB, 166 views)

My Gallery:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My website:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old April 12th, 2006, 03:36 AM
Enlightened Elder

Hi Hamlet ...

Get hold of the text tool, type something in ... now look at the top of the screen. You will see a little letter T with a sort of arc under it ... its the warp text feature and its over on the far right hand side.

Try Arc ... that should do what you want

Wendy

"

Old April 12th, 2006, 03:41 AM
Known Forum User

Send a message via MSN to Hamlet 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy
Hi Hamlet ...

Get hold of the text tool, type something in ... now look at the top of the screen. You will see a little letter T with a sort of arc under it ... its the warp text feature and its over on the far right hand side.

Try Arc ... that should do what you want

Wendy
Thank you Wendy.

If I had a brain, I'd be dangerous.

My Gallery:

My website:

Old April 12th, 2006, 04:27 AM
Enlightened Elder

Hi Hamlet ...

Beats me why they hide that feature under a little tiny icon .. I am sure that some people never find it

Wendy

"

Old March 22nd, 2012, 06:18 AM
New Forum User

Thumbs up

Sweet thanks!
Old March 22nd, 2012, 06:56 AM
Senior Contributor

What version of elements are you using? Version 10 has type on a path that would work also. What Wendy suggests works fine if you don't have version 10.
Tina B

Old January 27th, 2013, 11:18 AM
New Forum User

arched text

Hello. I have Version 10. Arching the text over the top of the subject works fine but bowing text below the subject distorts the text. There must be a way to avoid that. I'm making round stickers.
Old January 28th, 2013, 02:45 AM
Senior Contributor

For round stickers I think of using Text on a shape tool>Ellipse.
And introduction to the use of this tool can be found under this link.

When you want to use the Arc, use the horizontal type tool and then use Arc upper for the upper part of the sticker. Make a new line and then use Arc lower for the bottom part. You can tweak the sliders for an effect.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tekst.jpg (9.9 KB, 14 views)

PSE13 / Windows 7 - 64 bit
Nikon D7000

The perfection is not achieved in one pass

Old January 28th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Senior Contributor

Hi nature nut, welcome aboard!

Just a little clarification about using the Text-on-shape tool.

The Ellipse option will give you an oval shape. As you are "making round stickers", you need to press the Shift key while you drag. This will allow you to draw a circle.

PSE7,10,11,12,13 (Windows 7 64-bit)

"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." -- Mark Twain
Old January 29th, 2013, 04:47 PM
New Forum User

Beginning to grasp

Thanks so much Havoc and Sepiana! I'll never understand how people intuit these solutions in a program that has variations within applications within commands within tools...the possibilities seem infinite. I knew there had to be a way to get type into a bowl shape without distorting it but the steps remained a mystery to me. I'll let you know if I can follow the directions laid out in the video; meantime, thanks again for lending a hand.