Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Images and Creative Techniques > Show Your Work

Old March 20th, 2006, 05:05 PM
Senior Contributor

Robin Plus

Hello,
after having had to do a complete re install of Windows XP this is a try out to see if everything is working OK.
Kev.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dogs have masters, cats have servants.

Windows 7, PSE 9, PSP 12.
Old March 20th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Senior Contributor

Kev, that's just such an enchanting image, I love it.

What happened, why did you have to reinstall Windows?

and

Old March 20th, 2006, 05:13 PM
Senior Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to GaryK
Kev

Great image.

Must have been bored on the weekend .. reinstalling Windows just for fun

Old March 20th, 2006, 05:19 PM
Senior Contributor

Robyn,
glad you like it.
On Saturday I was working away quite happily and suddenly my computer froze and then came back on but none of my programs would work.
I tried restore no joy, then I tried the repair facility on the XP disk, part of the system came back. So in the end it was reinstall. Thanks be that I had all my programs and files saved to my external drive. It seems to be OK now.
Kev.

Old March 20th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Senior Contributor

Gary,
it was a real hoot
Saturday night was a party night to celebrate our anniversary, so I downed a few and forgot about it until Sunday PM.
Not something that I would recommend - reinstall.
Kev.

Old March 20th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Known Forum User

Once again Kev. great work. To be so talented.

'Alone We Can Do So Little, Together We Can Do So Much'
Old March 20th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Senior Contributor

Valerie,
thank you very much.
Kev

Old March 20th, 2006, 05:44 PM
Enlightened Elder

Hi Kev ...

I was wondering where you were ... sorry to hear about the problem. Still glad to hear that it is now sorted out ..

What a nice montage ... its a great layout

Wendy

"

Old March 20th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Senior Contributor

Wendy,
glad you like it.
Great to be back, I was getting withdrawal symptoms.
Kev

Old March 20th, 2006, 06:04 PM
Senior Contributor

Hey Kev I missed ya !!! Your image is really nice. Glad you got the computer straightened out. I remember when I had to re-install my daughter's Win '98 (I hate win'98)...took near all day to get everything back the way it was....I had no back-up on it...still don't. I had to get alot of stuff off the net just to get it going again. The computer was given to me...an old PII and I was not supplied with too much. I did have the Win'98 disc but no Serial # ...found that on the net...a Win 98se # worked. I had to download drivers off the net for a wicked old cd,zip drives etc...the list goes on. What a long day that was. Nope, that wont happen again. I'm going garage sailing this summer and hope to get her a newer system. This one is very tired.