Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Images and Creative Techniques > Show Your Work

Old March 18th, 2006, 08:26 AM
Frequent Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to ME100FINN
soft glow of a child

I just finished editing this one. The bathroom sink was in the background so I was able to use the impressionist brush to blot it out, did a few art effects on the layers, plus blur, leaving the eyes sharp...love the output and the printed photo is stunning ...my biased opinion

http://www.photoshopelementsuser.com...mg.php?id=5875

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old March 18th, 2006, 08:57 AM
Senior Contributor

Beatrice,

You see it as it is. She's a pretty little thing and you've done a great job editing the photo.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old March 18th, 2006, 09:18 AM
Frequent Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to ME100FINN
Thanks Norm! I just realized how much lighter the prints are turning out. Hmm. Need to check my printer settings. It actually looks better printed than on the monitor --- has the brighter glow effect to it. On the print you cant make out the detail on the dress in the front as much and the rose tone in the background isnt as predominant. I suppose it doesnt help that my monitor isnt calibrated (which hasnt been a huge hang up so far) and I am sitting in the dark LOL.

Old March 18th, 2006, 09:24 AM
Senior Contributor

Beatrice that is stunning! Sure wouldn't know it was taken in the bathroom! I must try playing around with the impressionist brush some time. It's one of those tools that never gets used by me. Absolutely beautiful.

Old March 18th, 2006, 10:01 AM
Senior Contributor

Beatrice,
That is absolutely gorgeous! I love it. You have done a magnificent job with it. So who is the gorgeous little one and what was the ocassion? Wow - did I say how nice it is?

Old March 18th, 2006, 10:05 AM
Senior Contributor

It is truly beautiful !!! Well done

Ray
Old March 18th, 2006, 10:13 AM
Senior Contributor

Beatrice -- that's a lovely one -- both the beautiful child and the work you've done with it. Thanks for sharing.

--Linda
Old March 18th, 2006, 10:29 AM
Senior Contributor

What a nice finished image! I haven't ever used the impressionist brush, I'll have to consider that next time.

Old March 18th, 2006, 10:58 AM
Enlightened Elder

Hi Beatrice ...

Beautiful subject and great work on the effect

Wendy

"

Old March 18th, 2006, 10:59 AM
Senior Contributor

Beatrice, that's lovely!
Canon Pro9000 printer; Epson Perfection 2580 Photo scanner
Canon Digital Rebel XSi, 75-300mm IS lens, 28-135mm IS lens, 60mm macro lens, a set of extender rings, AND a 70-200 L lens
Nikon Coolpix P100
and an iphone that I'm learning to use