Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old November 21st, 2012, 12:41 PM
New Forum User

Question What the difference between Elements 10 and 11 please?

Hi I have just joined and would like to get Elements. Some have said go for version 10, but the latest version is 11 which seems cheaper then 10. Is there much difference between the two?
Old November 21st, 2012, 01:04 PM
Senior Contributor

AuraTodd

There is a wealth of information already built up in the threads here on your subject of What's New In Photoshop Elements 11. And, a visit to our parent web site Adobe Photoshop Elements Techniques (PET) Learning Center will give you some valuable insights into these new features and other

http://www.photoshopelementsuser.com...ts-11-arrives/

http://www.photoshopelementsuser.com/learningcenter/

What is your computer operating system? Photoshop Elements continues to be a 32 bit application that will run in a 32 bit system as such and will run as a 32 bit application in the 32 bit compatibility mode of a 64 bit system (as such will have the 32 bit system liability of maximum supported installed RAM = 4 GB of which typically 3 GB of that is available.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you need clarification on any aspects of the matter.

Thanks.

ATR
Old November 21st, 2012, 01:05 PM
New Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATR View Post
AuraTodd

There is a wealth of information already built up in the threads here on your subject of What's New In Photoshop Elements 11. And, a visit to our parent web site Adobe Photoshop Elements Techniques (PET) Learning Center will give you some valuable insights into these new features and other

http://www.photoshopelementsuser.com...ts-11-arrives/

http://www.photoshopelementsuser.com/learningcenter/

What is your computer operating system? Photoshop Elements continues to be a 32 bit application that will run in a 32 bit system as such and will run as a 32 bit application in the 32 bit compatibility mode of a 64 bit system (as such will have the 32 bit system liability of maximum supported installed RAM = 4 GB of which typically 3 GB of that is available.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you need clarification on any aspects of the matter.

Thanks.

ATR
Hi I got Windows XP Home Edition.
Old November 21st, 2012, 01:10 PM
Senior Contributor

AuraTodd

Thanks for the follow up.

Please let us know if the information to which we referred you helps respond to your questions on Photoshop Elements 10 - Photoshop Elements 11 decisions.

As an aside, if you have used Photoshop Elements before, you will probably be struck by the new interface of Photoshop Elements 11 versus prior versions and finding the old as well as the new features.

ATR
Old November 21st, 2012, 01:12 PM
New Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATR View Post
AuraTodd

Thanks for the follow up.

Please let us know if the information to which we referred you helps respond to your questions on Photoshop Elements 10 - Photoshop Elements 11 decisions.

As an aside, if you have used Photoshop Elements before, you will probably be struck by the new interface of Photoshop Elements 11 versus prior versions and finding the old as well as the new features.

ATR
What's the best one to use?

I have used a version at the hospital where I work and really liked it.
Old November 21st, 2012, 01:34 PM
Senior Contributor

AuraTodd

From my point of view, not ready to offer "Best".

The best advice that I can give you on "Best" is, after you read the material cited, you need to decide on how the program works for you in your specific computer environment with your specific project interests. Look for the features that you will need.

Definitely go the free 30 day tryout of Photoshop Elements 11 tryout before purchase. As I said, the new interface with its (non adjustable) greater brightness will probably be your first encounter with what is new. Some champion that for visibility purposes, some who are used to the darker interface (also non adjustable) prefer that in the earlier versions. If you intend to use the Organizer intensively, then you might check out the comments that version 11 Organizer is improved over 10.

It boils down to what works for you. If none of the new features of version 11 are needed by you and you get a good price on version 10, then decide.

ATR
Old November 22nd, 2012, 04:01 AM
New Forum User

Is there a free version of 10 please?
Old November 22nd, 2012, 07:58 AM
Senior Contributor

AuraTodd, as far as I know, the free trial is only available from Adobe of the latest version. If you are used to apps, iPhones and big shiny icons, go for 11.

The functionality in the editor is actually quite similar in both versions. The Organizer has some extra stuff in PSE11.

If you have used Photoshop CS, then the look and feel of the older versions (imho) are closer to it.

I'll attach a screen shot of Elements 8 so you can see what it looks like. PSE10 didn't change much from that.

The other advantage of PSE11 is that if you buy a new model DSLR camera and it takes raw images, then PSE11 will be updated to be compatible with the raw files where as, depending upon the length of time the model has been on the market, PSE10 may not. I have an Olympus E-5 and I cannot use ACR in PSE8 with its raw files.

You might find THIS LINK useful which compares the versions.

I hope that helps.

Ivor

Have you seen:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Here's the link to
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Take a stroll through the
. Entry is free and it would be great to see your pictures hung there too. (
.)
----------------------------------------------------

Please come and see
or say hello at my

Last edited by Ivor; November 22nd, 2012 at 04:31 PM. Reason: link fixed
Old November 22nd, 2012, 09:20 AM
Senior Contributor

Ivor

Good morning.

Please check you link. It does not seem to be working at this time.

Thanks.

ATR
Old November 22nd, 2012, 09:31 AM
Senior Contributor

AuraTodd

Good morning.

As Ivor says, Adobe offers only the current version for download as a free 30 day tryout. At the present time, that tryout is for Photoshop Elements 11. And, when and if Adobe support is needed, Adobe has been limiting its support to purchased/registered/current version.

ATR