Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old June 30th, 2012, 12:06 AM
New Forum User

Question Can't open photos in editor PSE10

I have searched but have not found a good solution to this problem yet. I recently have upgraded from XP to Windows 7 on my desktop. I installed PSE10 which worked fine with XP. I now have the problem that when I select a photo in the Organizer and choose Fix-> Edit photos, the Editor will open but the photo does not appear in the editor. If I right click on the photo and choose edit with Photoshop Elelments Editor it also does not open in the Editor. If I navigate to the folder on the hard disk where the photo file resides and right click and select open with->PSE10 then the photo opens in the Editor (including both Raw and jpegs). I have tried setting PSE10 as the default program for opening jpegs and RAW files but that did not help. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the whole program using Revo uninstaller with no change in behavior. Any help in solving this problem will be greatly appreciated.
Old July 4th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Senior Contributor

salt_fly

I see that you have not gotten a response to your question yet.

This may not help, but have you tried the good old deleting preferences for the Organizer and the Editor?

For the Editor...double click the desktop icon for Photoshop Elements 10 and immediately afterward hold down the Ctrl + Shift + Alt keys of the computer main keyboard (a few seconds until you see the message about deleting the Adobe Photoshop Elements settings file). Click Yes.

For the Organizer...
Local Disk C
Users
Owner
AppData
Roaming
Adobe
Elements Organizer
Organizer
and, in the Organizer Folder, you will find the psa.prf file. Rename that file from: psa.prf
to: psa.prfOLD
Close out of there. A new psa.prf file will be generated the next time you open Photoshop Elements 10.
(Remember to be working from "Show hidden folders and files."

We will be watching for your progress.

ATR