Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old March 25th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Casual Forum User

Unhappy Project Bin...

Okay, I have what might be considered "dumb" questions:

1) Is there some way to get a photo strictly in the project bin and not in the workspace without actually "opening" it up for edit? 2) I'm trying to either drag a photo into a frame, or, merely open it up and place it in the frame; this is just not working out (see question #1)... ARGH!
Everyone here has been so very helpful. In advance, thank you for your suggestions/work/answers/et cetera.

P.S. Maybe? one day I might be able to contribute some useful/helpful information myself.

Last edited by JAT; March 25th, 2012 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Addendum
Old March 25th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Senior Contributor

Exclamation

1. Open your picture file, and minimize it
  2. Open a blank file (File>new>blank file)
  3. Open the content palette, select a frame, apply
  4. Drag the file from step #1 into the frame from the photo bin. Scale with the little slider, commit
Does this work for you?

PSE8, WIN7
Old March 25th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAT View Post
2) I'm trying to either drag a photo into a frame, or, merely open it up and place it in the frame; this is just not working out . . .
Tanya,

Is your question related to the frames which were suggested in your other thread? If so, which frames are you trying to use -- the frame templates from CoffeeShop (post #11) or the ones from PSE Content panel (post #9)?

PSE7,10,11,12,13 (Windows 7 64-bit)

"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." -- Mark Twain

Last edited by Sepiana; March 25th, 2012 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Fix sentence.
Old March 26th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Casual Forum User

My first question primarily related to my inability to open a picture file strictly in the project bin; after I searched about undocking, which I wasn't able to do and then later figured it out (aha moment), Ken then indicated to just minimize it which I did. The second portion had to do with being unable to figure out how to get my photo into the frame (which I chose (temporarily perhaps) from PSE10). I somehow figured out that issue by trial and error... Interestingly however, for whatever reason, and this is now a third "problem" when I figured out how to enlarge the frame into a blank file the frame itself was crooked - weird I know. Anyway, thats the gist of it. P.S. I haven't had a chance to check out the frames that you so kindly gave me a link to - thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepiana View Post
Tanya,

Is your question related to the frames which were suggested in your other thread? If so, which frames are you trying to use -- the frame templates from CoffeeShop (post #11) or the ones from PSE Content panel (post #9)?
Old March 26th, 2012, 02:11 PM
Senior Contributor

Hi Tanya, thanks for the clarification!

Here is another way -- it will insert an image in a frame from the Content panel without you first opening your image in PSE.

Follow Ken's steps 2 and 3. Then after applying the frame to the blank file click on the yellow folder icon on the frame (Get a new photo to place in frame). In the window that opens up navigate to your photo and select it. This will place your image in the frame. If needed, use Free Transform to resize and position it inside the frame.

PSE7,10,11,12,13 (Windows 7 64-bit)

"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." -- Mark Twain

Last edited by Sepiana; March 26th, 2012 at 02:17 PM.