Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > More > Pixel Hangout

Old March 17th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Known Forum User

critique

I would like to know if anyone would mind commenting on this photoshop created picture. TIA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

win8pro/64b 12g ram, 3gvideo, 1.5tb hd
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old March 17th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Senior Contributor

Really liked your planets. Only critique is to maybe apply a slight blur to the stars so they wont look too solid.

;

;

Photoshop Elements 8 and 9 / Photoshop CS4/5 / Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 / Picasa / Toshiba Satellite / Windows XP
Kodak Z650 / Kodak Professional 1400 Digital Photo Printer / Canon MX870 Printer
Canon XSi and Canon T3i
Old March 17th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Known Forum User

Johnny. Thank you and your right, the stars should have a slight blur.

unfortunately I'll need to find a different way to create the star field. for mine, I used a white background, set it to dissolve and turned the opacity and fill way down. apparently the diffuse hase no effect on the layer made that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjvera00 View Post
Really liked your planets. Only critique is to maybe apply a slight blur to the stars so they wont look too solid.

Old March 17th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Casual Forum User

Steve, Ck out Topaz Star Effects. It may be what you are looking for.
Old March 17th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Known Forum User

Steve,
Try gausian blur at about .03 on whole image then remove it from the planets.
Dean
Old March 17th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Casual Forum User

Also if you can vary the sizes of the stars a little too.
Old March 17th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Known Forum User

I think, the planets and the Milky Way were very well done! The stars, apart from looking too solid, seems to me, are too equal in size and brightness, I think, there should be just a little bit more difference. And I, speaking for my person, would have taken only three of the planets.

Old March 17th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Senior Contributor

Steven

Try this tutorial for creating a starry background. Maybe you can adapt it to fit your needs.

;

;

Photoshop Elements 8 and 9 / Photoshop CS4/5 / Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 / Picasa / Toshiba Satellite / Windows XP
Kodak Z650 / Kodak Professional 1400 Digital Photo Printer / Canon MX870 Printer
Canon XSi and Canon T3i
Old March 17th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Senior Contributor

HI, It is a very appealing and moody picture. My first impression was: wow.
And a compliment for asking crituque. When I pause longer with the picture I see everything is crisp sharp. It can benefit frorm some variaton in size and depth. `Maybe a nebula here and there? I read you already got good advice and tips regarding to that side of the picture.
Overall:well done and maybe this is the start of a serie.
Hans

PSE 12 / Elements XXL / Windows 7 / Lightroom 5 / Photomatix Pro 5 / Topaz bundle / Perfect Photo Suite 8
Nikon D7000 with fixed and zoom lenses from 10.5 mm - 400 mm

The perfection is not achieved in one pass.

Old March 17th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Known Forum User

Thank you all for the compliments and especially the tips on the stars. I thought also that they were to crisp and uniform. Have tried several other aproaches and so far am having difficulty blending them in.

I May just leave this one as is and start with a new one concentrating on a truly random start field.

JJ, did you mean to put a link in your message as I didn't find one.?
==========================================
JR, thanks for the idea but I'd like to do it all myself as to the effects. It's my way of learning.

again to all. Thank you