Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Images and Creative Techniques > Show Your Work

Old November 3rd, 2011, 08:15 AM
Casual Forum User

New Photographic Blog In Town

I discovered Tumblr while reading a photographic magazine and watching some of Scott Kelby's shows. It's free and very easy to use. It has a 10meg limit on the size of a single photo, huge for even the best of cameras. It's quick, easy and FREE.

My Tumblr Account

http://ungawa.tumblr.com
Old November 3rd, 2011, 08:26 AM
Senior Contributor

Looks great. I love seeing people's photo blogs so thanks for the link. Tumblr is a nice choice for an easy to use blog and another really simple blog platform is Posterous. I'm not sure of their image size limits, though.
Old November 5th, 2011, 01:26 AM
Senior Contributor

Your blog looks great Bob .. and it looks like you got some great shots on your trip!

Bill

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old November 8th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Senior Contributor

You might also want to check out Google + (http://plus.google.com). Just today they gave members a way to create a page, independent of their usual G+ page. You can get lots of exposure (pardon the pun) on G+. Tumblr (which I also use) is much more customizable, though less than a regular blog host, such as Wordpress or Blogger.

Old January 24th, 2012, 06:44 AM
Senior Contributor

Send a message via AIM to victry1 Send a message via Skype™ to victry1
That Tumblr looks pretty nice. TFS. I'll check out Google+ too, though I don't need another social media outlet.

Eleanor

iMac, PSE 11, CS5, iPhone 5S, Rebel T1i, Canon 7D,
Old February 3rd, 2012, 02:39 PM
Casual Forum User

Bob,

I went to the Blog you recommended and Wow! What great shots you posted there. Very sharp and the color is just magnificent! Do you attribute the great color to your Nikon D7000 or to post processing. I have seen other pictures made with a D7000 and the color just seems so good. I use an antiquated D200 and Fujifilm S5 which do okay in the color department but your colors is just so great!
Old February 4th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Casual Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Oaks View Post
Bob,
I went to the Blog you recommended and Wow! What great shots you posted there. Very sharp and the color is just magnificent! Do you attribute the great color to your Nikon D7000 or to post processing.
I agree, Bob. Fantastic photo album you have there. I'm also wondering if those rich colors were achieved through bumping the color saturation in PSE, or primarily just the D7000's normal output? Great work.

Old February 4th, 2012, 10:20 PM
Senior Contributor/IOW Coordinator

Agree with the others..........beautiful work here, Bob! Love your tiger images!

Canon 60D
Aperture 3
PE 11
Topaz Remask 3, Adjust 5, Lens Effects, Simplify NIK Silver Efex 2, HDR Pro2 and Color Efex
Old February 7th, 2012, 05:42 AM
Casual Forum User

There is so much beauty to see in photography there are never enough beautiful photos. Nice photo collection.

Oldtimer Newbie