Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > More > Pixel Hangout

Old February 21st, 2006, 04:35 AM
Senior Contributor

Send a message via MSN to karen donnybrook
Unhappy Send me some cool weather!!

It has been 40C here today and even now at 6pm it is still 31C I know, I know, it is the middle of summer here but you all complain about the cold and it is the middle of winter where you are

My room at the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and my corner in
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old February 21st, 2006, 04:48 AM
Senior Contributor

Hi Karen,

It's been a pleasant 27 C here today. 9.45 p.m. here at the moment, but I don't think it's cooled off much yet. 40 - far too hot!

and

Old February 21st, 2006, 05:40 AM
Senior Contributor

Here it comes, Karen...it's 14F here in Boston(-10C-I think)-sending it your way! It's amazing to think it's 100F in February somewhere! Try to stay comfortable

iMac, Canon Digital Rebel

Old February 21st, 2006, 05:42 AM
Senior Contributor

Thanks Carol, the temperature is supposed to drop by 10C tomorrow but with thunderstorms. In the middle of summer, thunderstorms are a bit of a worry because there can be lightning strikes that start fires and the bush is tinder dry after the wettest winter in a long time

My room at the
and my corner in

Old February 21st, 2006, 05:50 AM
Senior Contributor

I understand-I have an Aunt and Uncle that live in Tucson, Arizona-and their thunderstorms are always a threat in the early fall. Stay safe-

iMac, Canon Digital Rebel

Old February 21st, 2006, 06:05 AM
Senior Contributor

Karen
You're more than welcome to share all 6 degrees we had in IL on Sunday but the 30 degrees we had today - that's a heat wave right now and we are basking in the sunshine and warmth - OK so I can dream can't I or is that the power of positive thinking? Oh well - not working either way, still cold here! I haven't left the house for 4 days with this darn flu so doesn't really bother me. Although I do have to go to work today.

I'll hear plenty about your sunshine and warm temps because my boss is over there right now visiting his daughter. He was bragging about your weather before he ever left here so I can only imagine how he will rub it in when he gets back.

Old February 21st, 2006, 06:11 AM
Senior Contributor

Nancy, hope you are feeling better by the day. What part of Australia was your boss visiting? If he has come from your temperatures to what we had today, it will "kill" him

My room at the
and my corner in

Old February 21st, 2006, 06:16 AM
Senior Contributor

Karen.. -10C here.. so send half of it here and I'll be a happy camper

Ray
Old February 21st, 2006, 04:58 PM
Casual Forum User

[QUOTE=NMarti]Karen
I haven't left the house for 4 days with this darn flu so doesn't really bother me. Although I do have to go to work today.

Nancy hope you are feeling better.

We have had a mild winter here in Denver but the mountains are really getting hit this year with snow. They are having a great year for skiing. Hopefully with the run off this spring we will be able to replenish our reservoirs as we have been in a drought for several years.

I can't wait for spring. I thrive on sunshine,warm weather and a tan on these white legs of mine. Thinking of spring, I better get to the gym!!! Take care everyone.