Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old June 4th, 2011, 11:52 PM
New Forum User

Deactivate serial number

Pleeaze help!!!! I have loaded Photoshop Elements 9 on my desktop aswell as my Netbook. My desktop has crashed (Home use) now when I tried reloading it on my desktop I get an error message to deactivate as it has been loaded on 2 computers. with the result neither of my workstations now will allow me to work on photoshop. I've never worked on any photo program, so I'm really a dummy on this.

Thanx
Old June 5th, 2011, 12:05 AM
Senior Contributor

sueschoeman

You deactivate by going to the Help Menu/Deactivate.

Uninstalling the program does not deactivate it.

You are permitted to install the serial number on two of your computers. I need a recap on the count...
One, desktop that crash...so you cannot get back there to install/deactivate/uninstall, right?
One, is the laptop. That is OK.
What is this desktop that you are reloading to...the same one that crashed and got fixed or another?

If this is the crashed computer fixed, how extensive was the repair..replaced hard drive, etc. If this is the case, did you deactivate, uninstall, and then reinstall?

This is my take on the matter. Please check out the above and see if any of that helps.

ATR
Old June 5th, 2011, 06:54 AM
Senior Contributor

All is not lost....
Go to the Adobe site find the contact number.
Sorry I don't have it.

But if you call and explain the situation. They will fix it.
I had to do that when my laptop crashed, got a new one and it would not let me install. He fixed it while I was on the phone and walked me through what to do.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~kimi~

Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

shoots a Nikon D800.
Old June 5th, 2011, 10:56 PM
Senior Contributor

I really like their chat line. They reset the number and you can test it out before leaving chat. You do have to explain why you can't deactivate software on a crashed computer. They must hear this often enough, but need to go through the motions again.....

Adobe CC; CS6, Lightroom 5.3, Premiere 11; Elements 11; Canon 70D; Canon EOS Digital Rebel T3i, Xti & PowerShot S2IS, Canon EF-S 18-55mm, 55-250mm lens; Canon EF-70-300mm; Canon EF-S60mm 1:2.8 USM macro lens.
Dell Studio XPS 9100, ATI Radeon HD5670 1 GB GDDR5, 1.5TB Serial ATA 2 Hard Drive 7200 RPM, 9GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz, Blu-ray 6X BD-R, DVD+/-RW Drive & 16X DVD+/-RW w/double layer write.
Windows 7 (64)

Old July 18th, 2011, 04:48 AM
New Forum User

Activation

Hello Flocks,

This is Rocker, don't worry if your computer crash or even HDD crashed, what were may be it is, simply contact Adobe chat support and inform that your HDD crashed you will get a activation count for free, yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!1
Visit the below URL to contact Adobe Customer Service chat.

http://www.adobe.com/support/chat/iv...?promoid=FDLAV

Thank you
Rocker

Your Feedback is appreciated.
Old July 18th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Senior Contributor

Rockerrox

Activation problems such as presented in this thread are best dealt with via contact with Adobe as others have already pointed out in this thread over a month ago (see post of efarnstrom and others).

Did you run into a similar situation with your Photoshop Elements and did you get the resolution that you needed by using an Adobe Chat line? If so, what advantage did you find Chat line vs Adobe Phone Contact
http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/contact.html
since it does look like their telephone number is toll free?

Are you now running your Photoshop Elements trouble free? Please do not hesitate to ask our members if you need help with your Photoshop Elements workflow. They are a dedicated and knowledgeable group who enjoy the goal of users helping other users and are very, very effective in getting you moving forward with your projects.

Thanks.

ATR
Old July 18th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Casual Forum User

I had a similar problem. Not a crash but a new hdd, specifically a SSD. The original program installation was still on the hard drive but not the one that boots. I contacted Adobe and found the chat line. After explaining my problem, the tech reset my serial number, and waited until I tested it out to make sure all was well.
Old July 18th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Senior Contributor

I've had good luck with the chat agents. A distinct advantage is that you generally get served almost instantly - no waiting on hold. Also, no issues with understanding the spoken language (volume, accents, rate of speech, etc....).