Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old May 6th, 2011, 11:02 PM
New Forum User

Getting rid of duplicate pictures

I just got photoshop elements for my mac and imported my photos from iphoto. Unfortunately it ended up importing photos I had deleted and also it appears I have lots of duplicates but no easy way of finding them. I downloaded a free trial of "tidy up" software to find duplicates but could not get it to search in photoshop elements. Any tips on how to find and delete duplicate photos? I don't want to have to go by them one by one as it will take days...
Thank You!
Old May 7th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylam View Post
I just got photoshop elements for my mac and imported my photos from iphoto. Unfortunately it ended up importing photos I had deleted and also it appears I have lots of duplicates but no easy way of finding them. I downloaded a free trial of "tidy up" software to find duplicates but could not get it to search in photoshop elements. Any tips on how to find and delete duplicate photos? I don't want to have to go by them one by one as it will take days...
Thank You!
I think your problem is a Mac specific one, since you mentionned iphoto. I hope Mac experts can help you there.
For Windows users I would have advised John R Ellis's solution:
http://www.johnrellis.com/psedbtool/...ind_and_delete

Now, your pictures are never stored 'in photoshop elements'. They are somewhere on your disk, and if you are using the organizer and imported them on the catalog, which is probably not the case, you would know where they are.

Windows XP/Win7-64 - LR 5.6, PSE6 -10-11-12.1, 13 Elements+ - smartcurves - Faststone - Perfect Photo Suite 8 - Canon 20D Sigma 17/70mm. Canon 50 1.8 - Fuji X100S, Lumix TZ6.
Old May 7th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Enlightened Elder

Hi ..

iPhoto stores duplicates where you have edited images ... although it shouldn't retain deleted images.

It could be that you simply removed them from the albums and not the library (or left them in the trash).

I'm not sure that there is a way of deleting them now unless you go back and review them all ?? ..maybe one of the others can think of something

Wendy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"