Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old April 21st, 2011, 02:18 AM
New Forum User

Organizing Actions PSE9

I would like to group my actions in the Effects Palette in PSE9. Searched the threads here and found instructions for earlier versions using "xml files". Not sure if this method is the same for PSE9. If so, where do I find the xml files in PSE9. If not how can I group my actions in PSE9 in the Effects Palette?
Old April 21st, 2011, 03:01 AM
Enlightened Elder

Hi ..

The method is the same for PSE9 as it was for PSE8 so just follow those instructions

Wendy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"

Old April 21st, 2011, 03:05 PM
New Forum User

Thanks

Thanks Wendy for your prompt reply. Previous instructions are for PSE3 & 7. Will these instructions also work for PSE9 if not what is the link got PSE8.

Ken
Old April 21st, 2011, 03:31 PM
Frequent Contributor

The XML files go in the same folder as the action files. You must have them named the same as the action file name and the PNG files name. It is not hard to make your own, but if you search this forum, someone posted a place to download an automatic small program that will let you make them fast and lots of them at one time. Sorry I do not have the link, but you can do a search for XML generator. The action files for PSE 9 are the same as PSE 7 location. I forgot which system you have, but if you have win 7 it is different folder location.

PSE 5,7,8,9, 10 Win XP, Win 7 8GB Ram 1 T Hard drive, CS 5, Premier Elements 10, Nikon 5100 with two Lens
Old April 22nd, 2011, 11:13 AM
New Forum User

Organized

Thanks Tom for your reply and info. Spent last night and finally organized all of my actions into categories. I used a form XML file and found the process simple once I determined the required steps. Will search for the XML generator that will be helpful if found.
Old April 22nd, 2011, 11:20 AM
Enlightened Elder

So glad that you have managed to sort them out OK. Creating the xml files is pretty easy to do once you have sorted it out so its easy enough to make them yourself

Wendy

"

Old April 22nd, 2011, 12:07 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by klloyd3225 View Post
. . . Will search for the XML generator that will be helpful if found.
Hi,

Here is the link for the XML generator Tom mentioned. The PSE7 version will work with PSE8 and 9.

Another alternative is to use Graffi's Add-O-Matic.

PSE7,10,11,12 (Windows 7 64-bit)

"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." -- Mark Twain
Old April 22nd, 2011, 01:00 PM
New Forum User

Thanks

Thanks Sepiana. Got it!!!
Old April 22nd, 2011, 01:47 PM
Senior Contributor

You are most welcome! Glad to help.

PSE7,10,11,12 (Windows 7 64-bit)

"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." -- Mark Twain

Tags
actions, organizing actions