Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old February 14th, 2006, 01:47 PM
Casual Forum User

How to make curved lines...

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!!

I'm having another issue here ... I'm trying to draw a street with a slight curve upward in the middle. I've used the line tool to draw both lines of my street but cannot for the life of me figure out how to skew, stretch, pull the lines in the middle to give them a slight curve...

Is this just something that can't be done???

Thanks

Laura

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old February 14th, 2006, 01:57 PM
Senior Contributor

Laura,

There are several ways of doing that. One that comes to mind is to put your line on its own layer and use the Filter / Distort / Shear filter.

Ray
Old February 14th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Senior Contributor

Hello Laura

Another way is to use the Elliptical Marquee stroke your selection then erase what you don't need.

I'm sure there is a better way but it works...lol

Butch

Old February 14th, 2006, 05:59 PM
Enlightened Elder

Hi Laura ...

Elements ability to do curves is limited ... especially in the context you are trying to do it.

Try out the suggestions and see what you think ... do let us know how you go on It sounds an interesting project you are working on ...

Wendy

"

Old February 15th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Casual Forum User

Thumbs up

OK... I think I might have it figured out thanks to the suggestions. I drew a straight line then used the polar coordinates option. I played with that until I got it to the size I needed. I then copied that layer, put the second line in place and then merged layers...

Thanks everyone!!!

Laura

Old February 15th, 2006, 10:38 AM
Enlightened Elder

Hi Laura ...

Glad that you managed to sort something out ... do let us see your image when you have finished it

Have you been working on it for very long ?

Wendy

"

Old February 15th, 2006, 11:00 AM
Casual Forum User

Talking

Here's what I have so far... nothing exciting.. just a site plan of a shopping center for work but I am a perfectionist so everything has to be just right!!

http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?pi...EPUVeu3sq6ICv0

This site is great!! Whenever I need suggestions or help or whatever, I come here first. Everyone is so helpful!!

Thanks again.

Laura

Old February 15th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Enlightened Elder

Hi Laura ...

Oh now I see what you wanted ... I hadn't imagined a street layout when I answered your question. I had a picture in my ming of looking down a street with houses on each side ... one picture certainly is worth a thousand words .

If you have to do quite a few of those then it may be worth keeping the curved road in case you need it again. I would image that to do something like that means you really have to be a perfectionist ..

Its looking good!!

Wendy

"