Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Premiere Elements

Old December 20th, 2010, 01:05 AM
New Forum User

Elements 9: Created slideshow. Pictures export but audio does not

I have a new Dell Inspirion 15 computer. Elements Photoshop 9 was the first software loaded onto it. I created a slideshow with 20 pictures and one song that is 2 minutes.

The slideshow exports perfectly to the .wmv file. But the export to .pdf only exports the pictures. No audio. It used to work on Elements 7. Tech support did not help.

I bought Premiere 9 thinking I could pull it into that so I could export to a file, but that keeps "stopping" and I can't even get that to preview without stopping let alone export to a file/dvd.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old December 20th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Senior Contributor

clements

PDF and music have always been an on and out problematic area going back to the time when the Adobe Reader discontinued the Picture Tool. We can discuss that another time.

From the Premiere Elements 9 angle...

You say that you have 20 pictures. What are the pixel dimensions of each (width and height in pixels)?

What did you set as the Premiere Elements 9 project preset (new project dialog)...NTSC DV Standard or NTSC DV Widescreen or other?

What do your computer resources look like when Premiere Elements is running. Remember Premiere Elements is still a 32 bit application. So, if you have it running in a 64 bit system with 4 GB RAM installed, you probably have 3 GB or LESS available. And, what about the free hard drive situation...all free space from Local C drive or Local C drive and external hard drive (format NTFS, not FAT32)?

Let us see what the above details look like and we will take it from there.
By the way, double check with Dell that you video and audio card drivers are up to day, new or old computer.

ATR

When dealing with Premiere Elements issues, it is best to post those questions in the Premiere Elements Forum here so that they do not get mixed, lost, or overlooked among the Photoshop Elements ones. For that reason I moved your thread here to the Premiere Elements Forum.
Old July 1st, 2011, 01:37 AM
New Forum User

Smile Elements 9: Created slideshow. Pictures export but audio does not

Hi,

Try the below steps to resolve the issue:
1) Choose Slide Size - Very Small(640x480), while saving the slideshow as PDF File.
2) Click on OK.
3) Choose the destination to save the PDF.
4) Open the saved PDF file and it would ask to allow the disabled feature below the Acrobat toolbar.
5) Choose "Trust this document always".

Revert back for further concerns.
Old July 1st, 2011, 09:02 AM
Senior Contributor

manishls

The issue of this OLD thread goes to Premiere Elements workflow NOT PDF in Photoshop Elements. The matter was left dangling because clements did not follow up on the original post and my quick follow up response.

It is a little late for Adobe Tech Support to get involved in this one....
(a) this thread goes back to December 2010, and it is now July 1, 2011, and there has been no follow up by clements to my comments directed to the specific Premiere Elements workflow issue of the thread
(b) the thread was directed to Premiere Elements workflow, clements alternative approach to getting the job done.

To recap, clements wrote:
Quote:
The slideshow exports perfectly to the .wmv file. But the export to .pdf only exports the pictures. No audio. It used to work on Elements 7. Tech support did not help.
clements then wrote:
Quote:
I bought Premiere 9 thinking I could pull it into that so I could export to a file, but that keeps "stopping" and I can't even get that to preview without stopping let alone export to a file/dvd.
So my reply started with
Quote:
PDF and music have always been an on and out problematic area going back to the time when the Adobe Reader discontinued the Picture Tool. We can discuss that another time.

From the Premiere Elements 9 angle...
and followed with questions pointed at getting at the core of the Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 problems.

The pros and cons and all the details (those mentioned and not mentioned in your try this suggestion) of the Photoshop Elements 9 Slideshow Editor PDF Slideshow are interesting but appear to be a secondary background matter here in an old thread.

Neither approach, the PDF nor Premiere Elements side of things, gets anywhere without feedback from clements.

I will see what I can do to get clements back into this thread for closure purposes.

ATR

Tags
photoshop 9, premiere 9, slideshow