Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Premiere Elements

Old November 19th, 2010, 03:56 AM
Known Forum User

Cin city effect

ATR

Now that im back on track i was wondering? one of my client has asked for a cin city effect where all the clip is black and white apart from one colour that stands out? any ideas how to do this, i have googled and its explained in every editing program apart from premier elements... steve
Old November 19th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Senior Contributor

Steve

Let me take a look into Premiere Elements to see what can be done to create this Sin City Effect, essentially selected colored areas on a black and white image.

ATR
Old November 19th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Senior Contributor

Steve

Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1

Under ideal conditions with clear cut (no overlapping) colors, you can use the following your Sin City Effect (defined as selected color object in black and white image....
a. the Effects/Video Effects/Image Control/Color Pass
or
b. Video Track 1, color video to which Effects/Video Effects/Image Control/Black & White has been applied; Video Track 2, same video as on Video Track 1, except left in color and to which Effects/Video Effects/Keying/ChromaKey has been applied

If you can expand your interest to a section rather than a specific object, then you could try:
Video Track 1, color video to which Effects/Video Effects/Image Control/Black & White has been applied; Video Track 2, same video as on Video Track 1, except left in color and to which Effects/Video Effects/Keying/Track Matte Key has been applied. The Matte for the Track Matte would be a white ellipse on black. (Can be created in Premiere Elements Titler).

I too have seen those After Effects tutorials on the subject which utilizes
the program's options of "Color to Leave", "Garbage Matte", and "Keyframing". Do you have access to After Effects? However, give the above suggestions a try and see if any of them is compatible with the image you have in mind for this Sin City Effect.

Please let us know your results.

ATR