Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Premiere Elements

Old October 6th, 2010, 11:45 AM
New Forum User

I can't create a DVD or export my project

I am new to video editing and am using v7. I have completed my first project, which consists of video, photos, and music. I am ready to make a DVD, but have not been able to burn the file tot he DVD. I have tried exporting the project as an .avi file through the file / export, but have not had any luck because it runs out of memory.

All I am trying to do is to get this project "out" of the computer and onto a disk so that I can watch it on the tv. Any suggestions? Again, I am a BEGINNER so take it easy on me.
Old October 6th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Senior Contributor

jkey3304

I am positive that I just responded to your thread, but I cannot find my response posted in the thread. So, if it shows up sooner or later, you will know the rest of the story. So, I will re-write....

You need to let me know what you are doing, how you are doing it, and with what you are doing it with.

Are you creating the slideshow in Photoshop Elements 7 and outputting it with option of Send to Premiere Element for the Premiere Elements 7 export DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc? Or, are you using Premiere Elements 7 for creating the slideshow and producing the DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc?

You say that you have video, photos, and music in this slideshow.
a. What is the source, format, and duration of the video.
b. What are the pixel dimensions of the photos, and how many of them are there? (pixel dimensions = width and height in pixels).

What is the project preset (new project dialog) that you set for your Premiere Elements part of the project?

What do your computer resources look like, that is, available RAM and free hard drive space?

We will be looking forward to your follow up. If you need clarification on anything that I have written here, please do not hesitate to ask questions.

Thanks.

ATR