Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > More > Helpful Links

Old August 16th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Casual Forum User

Great idea Ivor, some really good stuff here!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old August 17th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Senior Contributor

stroke path with a brush is available from the Scrappincop site:

http://www.scrappincop.com/2008/10/s...for-pspse.html

And now some plug-is...
Old August 17th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Senior Contributor

PluginWorlds.com has a huge array of plug-is, commercial, shareware and Freeware for Mac and Win users.

The Plug-in Site has a smaller selection of commercial ($50-100USD) and freeware.

8BF.NET Looks like some useful adjustments, filters and effects for free... (I might try this!)

Vizros Three dimensional wrapping effects. Commercial ($20USD)

Xero Graphics
Photoshop lens filters, sharpening, noise reduction commercial (£10-£20 GBP) plus a page of freeware like a starburst filter, add grain, vignetting etc. (Winows only)

More later...
Old August 18th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Senior Contributor

Here's a new free plug-in filter I just stumbled across. It creates speech bubbles. I just tried it out and it work pretty good, although not a great deal of flexibility.

http://www.digitalanarchy.com/demos/bubble.html

Diana

Itís not happy people who are thankful, itís thankful people who are happy.

~ Canon 5D Mark II ~ Canon Rebel XTi ~ EF70-200 f/2.8L ~ EF85 f/1.8 ~ EF24-70 f/2.8 ~ EF 24-105 f4 L IS ~ EF 50mm f/1.8 II ~ Canon PowerShot S95 ~ Canon PowerShot SX50 HS ~ Windows 7 ~ PSE 11 & 12 ~ PS CC ~ Lightroom5 ~ Pro Show Producer ~ Corel Painter X ~ Printers: Canon Pixma Pro9500 Mark II, HP Deskjet 882C, HP LaserJet 1200 ~
Old August 22nd, 2010, 05:55 PM
New Forum User

I have 13 or 14 free actions at Everyday Elements.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 07:07 PM
Senior Contributor

They look like very useful Actions, Amanda... thank you for posting.

Diana

Edit: I just tried to download your gradients and received this message from Mediafire:
Invalid or Deleted File The key you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on Mediafire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or Mediafire.

Itís not happy people who are thankful, itís thankful people who are happy.

~ Canon 5D Mark II ~ Canon Rebel XTi ~ EF70-200 f/2.8L ~ EF85 f/1.8 ~ EF24-70 f/2.8 ~ EF 24-105 f4 L IS ~ EF 50mm f/1.8 II ~ Canon PowerShot S95 ~ Canon PowerShot SX50 HS ~ Windows 7 ~ PSE 11 & 12 ~ PS CC ~ Lightroom5 ~ Pro Show Producer ~ Corel Painter X ~ Printers: Canon Pixma Pro9500 Mark II, HP Deskjet 882C, HP LaserJet 1200 ~

Last edited by Diana; August 22nd, 2010 at 07:10 PM.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 07:33 PM
Senior Contributor

Here is another plug-in:

Wire Worm

PSE7,10,11,12,13 (Windows 7 64-bit)

"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." -- Mark Twain
Old August 22nd, 2010, 09:20 PM
New Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana View Post
They look like very useful Actions, Amanda... thank you for posting.

Diana

Edit: I just tried to download your gradients and received this message from Mediafire:
Invalid or Deleted File The key you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on Mediafire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or Mediafire.
I am sorry. I forgot to change the link when I moved the download to a different folder. I fixed it.
Old August 25th, 2010, 11:59 PM
Senior Contributor

Okay, not a plug-in or a tool but a useful link, especially for beginners. This is Adobe's page of the key concepts of Elements that has links explaining everything including Raster and Vector, Layers, Canvas, Sepia Tone and so on.

http://www.adobe.com/designcenter/ph...ept_index.html

Last edited by Ivor; August 26th, 2010 at 12:06 AM.
Old February 19th, 2011, 06:34 PM
New Forum User

Any Artists Out There?

I know this site has been listed before:
http://photoshop.pluginsworld.com/pl...=gridgenerator
but I wanted to let you know that I downloaded 2 really useful plugins for drawing and painting.

One is called the grid generator. This allows you to place a custom grid over a photo and print it out with the grid. This is a great help if you are a beginning artist as I am and need all the help you can get to draw a photo ready for painting. Here is the download page:

http://photoshop.pluginsworld.com/pl...generator.html

Once you figure out how to use it, it's really simple and a great tool.

The second useful plug-in is great for painting. It is called a Gradient Blur. This allows you to blur various parts of a photo and also change the lighting. As a new artist, I really don't have a good sense of when to accent an area in the painting and what to blur out. This lets me see different scenarios and decide the best way to compose my painting.

You can find the download here:
http://photoshop.pluginsworld.com/pl...ient_blur.html

These are 2 really useful downloads and I've had great fun experimenting and using them. They are very simple to use.

Think you're not creative or that you can't create a beautiful home? Think again.
Check out and use this
that will help you create the home of your dreams.