Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Premiere Elements

Old July 26th, 2010, 03:25 AM
New Forum User

crop 2 videos, put them together

New to PE8...had been using Sony Vegas...

On the Sony program I could put two videos down on seperate tracks. I could crop the right side of one video track and the left side of the other.

Using a still camera, I could have a character interacting with him/her self because there is no seem down the middle.

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to use the crop tool to do the same with PE8. It's gotta be obvious, right?

--A
Old July 26th, 2010, 03:36 AM
Enlightened Elder

Hi A ..

... and welcome to the Village

I will transfer your message over to the Premiere Elements section as I think you will get more replies if it is in there.

Wendy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"

Old July 26th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Senior Contributor

--A

Do you know how to use the Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 Crop Tool on one image on the Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 Timeline? See Edit Mode/Effects/Video Effects/Transform/Crop.
a. You select your image on the Timeline
b. Click on Crop and hit Apply, followed by Edit Effects where you do the cropping with the sliders.

What you want to do sounds like Split Screen Effect. The basic principles for that in your case would be:

a. video 1 on Video Track 1 and video 2 on Video Track 2
b. highlight the video 2 for Crop and
Edit Mode/Effects/Video Effects/Transform/Crop
followed by Edit Effects...to give left side. Repeat for video 1 to give right side.
c. then, highlight just video 2 and apply the Horizontal Flip. See Edit Mode/Effects/Video Effects/Transform/Horizontal Flip.

Positioning....for highlighted video....
Properties Palette/Motion Panel and its Position property or clicking dragging on the Edit Mode Monitor image whose video is selected on the Timeline.

Please let me know if you are OK with that information and if it works for you.

Thanks.

ATR

Premiere Elements questions should be placed in the Premiere Elements Forum here so that they do not get mixed, lost, or overlooked among the Photoshop Elements ones.

Add On...General
I hope that you are working with Premiere Elements 8.0.1 Update (Patch) version and that the Background Rendering and AutoAnalyzer features are turned OFF.

Last edited by ATR; July 26th, 2010 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Add On...General

Tags
crop, cropping image