Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old May 23rd, 2010, 04:53 PM
New Forum User

Send a message via MSN to nOK
Topaz Adjust

I have seen ''Topaz Adjust'' effect mentioned in Gallery but would like information on this effect.Thanks in advance

Peter Newman
Old May 23rd, 2010, 05:12 PM
Casual Forum User

Topaz Labs is a company that sells digital editing software, most of which would be classified as digital filters. Adjust is just one of their software packages, and like all their other packages, has many variations unto itself. They can be found at http://www.topazlabs.com/.

I have recently purchased the 'Bundle' and find their products to be very effective, as well as entertaining, but there is a learning curve. They do have a 30 day free trial, so there is no reason not to try it out, as long as you can devote a decent amount of time to it during your 30 days. Good luck!

Lon
Old May 25th, 2010, 04:34 AM
Casual Forum User

Get it. You'll love it. The only problem is wanting to apply the filter (or any of the other filters you're going to want to buy) to every single photo. I have Topaz, Fractalius and Imagenomic filters and have to stop myself from using them on everything. Lots of fun.
Old May 25th, 2010, 07:41 AM
New Forum User

Send a message via AIM to NetButch
Agreed

I agree, Topaz has some wonderful effects and its easy to use. ENJOY and have fun!
Old May 25th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Senior Contributor

In case you decide to take the plunge and purchase Topaz, HERE is a link to the site Light is Magic which has a 15% discount code for it. Just look in the sidebar under 'Affiliates'.
Old May 25th, 2010, 10:08 PM
Frequent Contributor

I just picked up the bundle. They had an offer code for $30 off - I think it was intellinoise. It showed up as a popup while I was browsing the Topaz website. I tried the free trials and really liked the products, which is why I bought the bundle.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-----------------------------------------------
Andy

Cameras and lenses:
- Nikon D90 with Nikon AF-S 18-200 mm, Nikon 50mm f/1.8 D-AF
- Sony DSC RX-100

Software:
PSE12, LR5.2,
Perfect Photo Suite 8, Topaz PhotoFX, Adjust, Simplify, Clarity, ReStyle, Clean, DeNoise, Detail, Lens Effects
Computer:
-Win 7/64 Pro; Intel core i7-3770 (4@3.4Ghz), 32 Gb RAM
-Canon PRO-100 printer, Intuos4 Small tablet

-----------------------------------------------
He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which. - Douglas Adams
Old May 31st, 2010, 10:05 PM
New Forum User

I purchased Topaz Adjust ver 2.5 and later recieved Topaz Denoise free... Since then all upgrades to ver 3.0 and later ver 4.0 for Denoise and Adjust have been free... They are cheap but very effective filters... Love 'em...

I've been using them in Corel Paint Shop Pro X2 and they also work in Elements ver 7.0....
Old June 2nd, 2010, 12:58 PM
Casual Forum User

I will second what DDC said. Your initial impulse is to try Topaz Adjust on every photo, which in the beginning is probably not a bad thing because you will learn much more quickly that the 'wow' factor - even though stunning - really doesn't work with every photo. What I am striving for now is to use the effects for great impact, but then backing off just enough...so that the impact is still there but even viewers who know about Topaz are not totally sure that it has been applied.

I'm imagining this is what Ansel Adams would do with it...

Last edited by Kitsap; June 2nd, 2010 at 01:00 PM. Reason: correct typo
Old June 6th, 2010, 06:17 AM
New Forum User

Send a message via MSN to nOK
Topaz help

Thank you to everybody who replied to my ''Topaz'' query[why am I not bright enough to have googled it]
I have downloaded the free trial and all are correct,veut amazing results when a little control exerted.
Thanks to all again.

Peter Newman