Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Archives > Online Training (forum is closed to posting)

Old February 24th, 2010, 12:54 PM
Casual Forum User

On Line Class

I just signed up for an on line PSE 8 class through my local community college. The college contracts through a training group at www.ed2go.com. If you just go to the site, the charge for the 6 week class is $139. Since I went through my local college, I only pay $99.

A few years ago I took a class this way on Front Page 2003. It was very informative and helpful.

Micki
Old April 17th, 2010, 03:18 AM
Known Forum User

Your best shot is right here. Post your photo, explain what your problem is, what version your using. Some one will get you an answer, other than that your help (F1) is your next best chance, but it's written instructions, not live.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old April 17th, 2010, 03:22 AM
Known Forum User

Miki:

Thanks for the info.

Didn't mean to Hijack your Post, sorry.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old April 18th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Senior Contributor

Miki: Sure would like your input after you start the class. Looks interesting. Jean

PSE 5.0 and 11.0 on PC with Windows 7
Old May 14th, 2010, 02:03 PM
New Forum User

I took a class from ed2go through my local university alos, it was Secrets of Better Photography with Beverly Schulz. it too was only $99.00 through my university. I liked the class, found it very helpful. She also teaches PSE an PS and might be your teaher? She is vert knowledgable.

Susi

Win 7, PS CS5, PSE 9, Canon XSi
Old August 15th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Casual Forum User

On Line Class

I finished both parts of the class (24 lessons). The instructor was Beverly Shultz. I now feel quite comfortable with PSE 8. Because of this foundation, I have now ventured onto more challenging tasks.

The lessons are well-organized with follow-up assignments. The quizzes at the end of each lesson and the final exam at the end of each course are a good review. A discussion forum is provided with each lesson. Whenever I had a question, it was answered in a timely manner. The course administrator was very knowedgeable and helpful.

Having a self-paced course might have been a bit easier. I had to plan each 6-week course around my schedule. On the other hand, I really didn't find the work load that heavy and, after all, it's not like a credit class in college!

I now have to big binders (12 lessons each) which I consider my tool box. I just completed an aphabetized index so that I can easily reference various topics.

I plan on taking other classes in the future.