Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old January 10th, 2010, 09:24 PM
New Forum User

how to make digital collage sheet

I have a CD of victorian images I want to use for jewelry pendants. How do I make a sheet like the attached link to add some of my images to? I would like to make them certain sizes - 25 x 18 cm, 18 x 13 etc for my pendant frames.

I have photoshop elements 5.

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=37103232&ref=sr_list_1 &&ga_search_query=digital+sheet&ga_search_type=all &ga_page=6&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title
Old January 11th, 2010, 12:38 AM
Casual Forum User

Elements has an adjustable grid and a ruler. They are in the view menu.
Old January 11th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Senior Contributor

First, I assume you meant 25X18 mm and not cm.

Second, to expand on Photocrazy1579's suggestion, in the menus, got to...Open>New and create a new blank document the size of your print paper, make sure the resolution is set to 300 ppi.

Next go to Edit>Preferences>Grid... and set your grid to 10 with 10 minor divisions and measured in MMs.

Go to View>Grid and turn the grid on. This will help you position and scale the images you will be inserting.

Now you can open up some of your other images from the CD (File>Open>), each should appear in the bottom of the Editor's screen in the Photo Bin.

After you get a few open, double click on the new blank file to make it active again.

Next, in Elements version 5, select the Move tool (V), click and drag one of the other images from the Bin and drop it onto the blank file.

That image will come in as a new layer that can be resized and repositioned (use the move tool, grab the corners, etc.).

After dragging an image up from the Bin you can go back into the Bin, right click on that image and close it, you don't need it open any more once it has been copied into your working document.

Follow the same procedure with other images until you fill up your blank image.

I suggest you save your file as a PSD file periodically as you are working so you do not lose any of your work in case something unexpected happens.

Jeff
Sony Vaio AW120J w/ Vista x64
Lenovo IdeaPad Netbook U150 w/ Windows 7 x64
CS5, LR3, PSE6
Plug-ins by Topaz Labs, Nik, onOne, Alien Skin, AutoFX, etc.
HDR by Photomatix Pro
Old January 11th, 2010, 12:03 PM
New Forum User

Thank you!

I know I should try to learn something about Elements, but I haven't taken the time yet. I only wanted the program for things like this & thank you so much for giving me detailed instructions.
Old January 11th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Senior Contributor

No problem, you will learn with each project you try. Don't get frustrated with it, there is a pretty steep learning curve. Just post back with detailed questions, and you will get a lot of help here.

Jeff
Sony Vaio AW120J w/ Vista x64
Lenovo IdeaPad Netbook U150 w/ Windows 7 x64
CS5, LR3, PSE6
Plug-ins by Topaz Labs, Nik, onOne, Alien Skin, AutoFX, etc.
HDR by Photomatix Pro
Old March 28th, 2012, 11:26 AM
New Forum User

how to make digital collage sheet

I know it's too late but probably someone is looking that Thread to find the help.
You can use the website http://www.digitalsheets.bestpeople.ca to make digital collage sheets. It's very easy to use.
Old June 6th, 2012, 09:39 AM
New Forum User

Adding a link to share a collage sheet

Hi, I see on Etsy that you can buy collage sheets. How do you share a link to sell your own collage sheets?
Old June 6th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Enlightened Elder

Hi ...

... and welcome to the Village

Why not email them and ask ?

Wendy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"