Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old January 1st, 2010, 04:58 PM
New Forum User

Change Color of Workspace

I am having a great deal of trouble seeing things in the workspace. I have tried changing the setting from dark to light, but then I can't read what is on the top row such as "File" etc. as it switches from white letters to black. I work mostly with scanned documents and every so often, there is a small sliver of black at some of the edges which I need to fill with the background color of the web page that it will end up on. With the dark background, I don't see it until I Save for the Web and going back, I can't distinguish what I need to fill from the workspace itself.

I am transitioning from PE 3 (which I loved for my work) to PE 8 as 3 doesn't work right on Windows 7. But I have used the program since PE 1
Old January 1st, 2010, 05:13 PM
Senior Contributor

Gram, there is a difference between the Editor's interface color scheme (menu bar, tool pallet, etc.), and the actually workspace inside the Editor's "window" where your image lives.

The latter can be any color you want. Open an image into the Editor workspace, then right-click in the area outside the image and use the menu to select a different workspace color.

PSE 7 and above have a couple of choices for the interface I believe.

Jeff
Sony Vaio AW120J w/ Vista x64
Lenovo IdeaPad Netbook U150 w/ Windows 7 x64
CS5, LR3, PSE6
Plug-ins by Topaz Labs, Nik, onOne, Alien Skin, AutoFX, etc.
HDR by Photomatix Pro

Last edited by Jeff Perry; January 1st, 2010 at 05:57 PM.
Old January 2nd, 2010, 03:35 AM
Enlightened Elder

Hi ...

... and welcome to the Village

Many of us have complained about the interface but sadly there is nothing that we can do about it ... the light one is almost impossible to use so choosing the dark one is the best option.

Wendy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"