Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Lightroom

Old December 8th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Casual Forum User

Lightroom Book

I'm sure this is a popular question around Christmas time but what LR books are out there that you would recommend?

A little research found Photoshop Lightroom Adventure by Mikkel Aaland, The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 Book for Digital Photographers by Scott Kelby and The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 Book: The Complete Guide for Photographers by Martin Evening.

Which is your favorite and why? Any others that should be considered? I've been using LR2 for about 6 months or so and hanging around here and some of the other forums/blogs, so I have a pretty good understanding of the mechanics of the program, I just want to advance my skills and try and get to the next level.

Thanks in advance.

Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old December 9th, 2009, 07:05 AM
Casual Forum User

I purchased Scott Kelby's book about a year ago right after purchasing LR2. I was very pleased with the book, good presentation, easy to follow, and easy to understand. The flow is excellent imo.

I can't speak on any others, as Kelby's is the only one I own. Like you, I've garnered a lot of info/tutorials off the Web at various photography sites.
Old December 9th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Casual Forum User

And the tutorials are great. The problem, IMO, is that they are all moving to video. Call me old, and I am, but I like to read things. I can usually get what I need in a lot less time than sitting through a video.

Old December 9th, 2009, 08:32 AM
Casual Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Chadwick View Post
And the tutorials are great. The problem, IMO, is that they are all moving to video. Call me old, and I am, but I like to read things. I can usually get what I need in a lot less time than sitting through a video.
My sentiments exactly - give me some good old fashioned reading.
Old December 9th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Casual Forum User

I put Photoshop Lightroom Adventure by Mikkel Aaland on the list to Santa. I'll probably end up with Scott's book when LR3 comes out.

Old December 10th, 2009, 11:47 AM
New Forum User

I got Scott's book a few months back and have enjoyed it very much. I agree that he makes things easy to understand and it all flows in a natural, logical manner. I also think the guy's sense of humor is great. I think it adds to the book's appeal. Some may not like it, but I do.