Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old December 5th, 2009, 11:16 PM
New Forum User

Unhappy Organizer: Can you help me?

Hi there,

As of today, my Organizer mode is acting up big-time!

The Organizer IMMEDIATELY begins "Uploading..." after the images appear on the screen, then it stops uploading at 100% (and nothing happens btw), and a Watch Folder Service sign appears and says: "the Watch Folder Service returned an error : Message Format, Invalid Tag Id"

The message will not go away until I click on the 'OK box', which I do--then nothing whatsoever functions, and the 'Uploading... 100%' window appears after the Watch Folder Service message vanishes. Now my Elements 7 is useless because it isn't responding--this is very frustrating.

Thank you, whether or not you can help me with this dilemma.

Bill Powers
Old December 5th, 2009, 11:31 PM
Senior Contributor

Does it in fact say "Updating" rather than "Uploading"?
Old December 6th, 2009, 08:29 AM
New Forum User

Exclamation Organizer: Please help

Hi John,

Just checked Elements 7 and you are right (and I was wrong): the operation that begins right after the images appear says 'Updating...'--not Uplading--sorry.

Same thing happened.
Old December 6th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Senior Contributor

Try disabling the Windows service implementing watch folders, as described in step 2 of this FAQ:

http://www.johnrellis.com/psedbtool/...Updating_for_a
Old December 7th, 2009, 08:23 AM
New Forum User

Organizer and HELP and Watch Folders

Hi there,

I did exactly what you suggested in #2 (I had to disable and reinstall Elements 7 first) and it has worked. Simply unchecking the Watch Folders box was all I had to do--but I didn't know that without your suggestion.

Thank you.

Bill Powers
Old December 7th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Senior Contributor

Great, glad it's working again.
Old December 7th, 2009, 03:26 PM
New Forum User

Organizer/Problem with Watched Folders--AGAIN!

I'm afraid the same exact thing just happened when I opened the Organizer--even though I had uninstalled EL7 and disabled the Watch Folders nonsense after I installed Elements again. This is very frustrating, and I wonder if I should write off the $80 bucks I spent on Photoshop and return to Pioasa 3.

The only way I can get rid of the Adobe Photoshop Elements screen that sits on the Organizer and my photos is to do the Control/Alt/Del thing and go the Task Manager and close the program from there--this really sucks.

And this frustration isn't aimed at you--sorry if it sounds like that.
Old December 7th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Senior Contributor

Did you try disabling the Active File Monitor service, described in the second part of step 2 of the FAQ?
Old December 10th, 2009, 09:29 PM
New Forum User

Organizer and Watch Folders problem

John,

It worked after I reinstalled Elements 7 and disabled the Watch Windows feature--but then the following day the same thing happened so you suggested try the second part of your original instructions that took me to the Control Panel, Classic View, Administrative Tools, Services...to which I responded:
"I probably shot myself in the foot by switching to Windows 7 (Ultimate) so quickly--I'm afraid when I start to follow the instructions you suggest the Control Panel takes me to a different place: 1. System and Security (with 3 options) 2. Network and Internet (2 options) 3. Hardware and Sound (4 options) Programs (1 option--Uninstall)--and four more categories I doubt would help us, e.g., Clock, Language, and Region, and a trio of others of the same ilk.

If I start tinkering around to find what I think you are referring to I envision botching this dilemma so badly I'll mess up everything I do on my computer--and we don't want that! I might reinstall Lightroom 2 (which I took off because until this Watch Folders-bs I thought Elements 7 was the superior program regardless of the nearly over-the-top hype that LR 2 came in with). I used to use Elements 7 as my secondary editor on LR 2 and of course that didn't involve the Organizer aspect of the program.

Old December 10th, 2009, 09:40 PM
New Forum User

Smile Organizer/Watch Folders problem

John,

The last message you sent to me said, "If this doesn't help, please let me know--this problem occurs infrequently and this solution hasn't worked for everyone."

It (what I have tried) has not helped--the problem persists and I do not want to give up on it.

I wonder if my new Windows 7 has anything to do with it--Elements 7 was perfect while I had Vista.

Bill Powers

Tags
organizer, problem, watch folder service