Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old November 9th, 2009, 09:51 AM
New Forum User

Setting up Email in Windows 7

With windows 7 no Outlook express anymore. Have to use windows live and in elements it will not let me. Any suggestions also tried adobes mail setup and it gives me error mgs.
Old November 9th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Senior Contributor

jbonewell

I do not have Windows 7. I am still a Windows XP person. But here are some thoughts.

Since Windows 7 does not come with an email application, such as Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express, you would need to setup email for Windows 7 before all else.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...tart-to-finish

Once you do that, I would think that it would be straight forward using the Adobe E-Mail Services in the Photoshop Elements Organizer/Edit Menu/Preferences/Sharing area.

Can you send an email from your Windows 7 independent of Photoshop Elements? Is a Verizon e-mail address involved here at all? Have you done all of the above and still cannot send email from Photoshop Elements? Are you trying to send from Photo Mail or E-Mail Attachments?

ATR
Old November 9th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Senior Contributor

I finished this tonight infact just a about an hour ago. What I did was install Mozilla Thunderbird on my Windows 7 computer but yes that old word but.... I did have to do some work to get my address book into Thunderbird from Outlook Express that is on a network computer.

If you have acess to another computer that has Outlook Express on it and you have saved your address book WAB file and you have Microsoft Excel then I can help you set up Thunderbird it looks a lot like OutLook Express. Let me know if you have any of the things that are mentioned.

Does anyone know if the free Office Suite that you can download has something similar to Microsoft Excel?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PSE5,PRE3,PSE11,PRE11/ Windows 7 Pro 64 bit O/S
Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33Ghz, RAM 6GB
Old November 9th, 2009, 11:37 PM
New Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATR View Post
jbonewell

I do not have Windows 7. I am still a Windows XP person. But here are some thoughts.

Since Windows 7 does not come with an email application, such as Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express, you would need to setup email for Windows 7 before all else.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...tart-to-finish

Once you do that, I would think that it would be straight forward using the Adobe E-Mail Services in the Photoshop Elements Organizer/Edit Menu/Preferences/Sharing area.

Can you send an email from your Windows 7 independent of Photoshop Elements? Is a Verizon e-mail address involved here at all? Have you done all of the above and still cannot send email from Photoshop Elements? Are you trying to send from Photo Mail or E-Mail Attachments?

ATR
Thanks but I have called Dell Adobe and Charter my internet provider and every one says it is not my problem but I still get a error mgs and also with Windows live mail that adobe does not reconize I cannot get my address book in it without typing all of my emails by hand
what fun. But thanks for the reply anyway.