Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old October 19th, 2009, 11:59 AM
New Forum User

Send a message via Skype™ to Will Fastie
Was Cursor Key Nudge fixed in PSE7/8?

With PSE 6, the cursor (arrow) keys will no longer nudge after a layer style has been applied.

Was this fixed in PSE 7 or PSE 8?

Thanks.
Will
Old October 19th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Senior Contributor

If you refer to nudging with the Move tool... no. It remains intermittent, at best.

You can still reliably nudge using Free Transform.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I'm trying to think but nothing happens" - Jerome Horwitz
Old October 19th, 2009, 12:25 PM
New Forum User

Send a message via Skype™ to Will Fastie
Thank you! A very helpful tip.
Old October 19th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Senior Contributor

hmm, I've never experienced that -

I just went to investigate: I made a fast selection of a background layer, duplicated that selection to a new layer, clicked the arrow tool, and nudged all over the place with my arrow keys.

Then I added a drop shadow, and no nudgeability. I clicked the arrow tool again in the toolbar (even though it was already selected), and I could nudge all over the place.

So I guess the answer is: just click the arrow tool again (or push the [V] button on your keyboard).

nudge nudge

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old October 19th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Senior Contributor

Grafi,

Is that in V8? I tried that in V6 without success.

Byron

Old October 19th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Casual Forum User

Selecting the arrow key or V on keyboard doesn't do it for me. I have to CTRL T for free transform, then it will nudge. Otherwise, the arrow keys for nudging just scroll through whatever layer styles I have selected, drop shadows, bevels, etc.
Old October 19th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Senior Contributor

Byron - that was in PSE 7 - I just tried on 8 with no dice.

How strange - I'd never noticed that quirk before. It happens only after adding a layer style (I don't really use layer styles much, so maybe that's why I never noticed it...) - so maybe a workaround is don't add the layer style until the layer is in position, if possible..?

Old October 19th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by graficalicus View Post
...maybe a workaround is don't add the layer style until the layer is in position, if possible..?
...or use Free Transform instead of Move, for those times you're not certain you're done positioning things.

Old October 20th, 2009, 04:24 AM
Enlightened Elder

Funny thing is that the Mac versions doesn't have this quirk ??

Wendy

"