Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old October 14th, 2009, 08:50 AM
Enlightened Elder

Grant's Tools PSE8, PSE9 & PSE10

EDIT: ... Just to confirm that Grant's Tools for PSE8 also work in PSE9 & PSE10 and the install instructions are the same across the three versions

I have done some work on Grant's Tools ... and have made them into a new set which contains:

Channel Mixer
Curves (its a little different to the one already in PSE8)
Channels Blue, Green, Red & RCB
Layer Mask

The set works on the Mac ... so could some of you see if it works on your computers and could you check the install instructions too.

Then if its OK I will send it to Grant so that he can post it on his site.

Thanks
Wendy
Attached Files
File Type: zip Grants Tools PSE8.zip (55.3 KB, 2783 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"

Last edited by Wendy; October 20th, 2011 at 11:18 AM.
Old October 14th, 2009, 05:56 PM
New Forum User

I could not find mediadatabase.db3 in the folder you mentioned.I placed the other files in the appropriate place. They showed up double in the effects gallery. Only one worked.

any ideas?

Intel Mac 10.6.1
Old October 15th, 2009, 03:44 AM
Enlightened Elder

Hi Neal ...

Try doing a spotlight search for the mediadatabase.db3 file. It does need to be deleted before the tools show up properly ..

Here is where I am seeing it:

The top library on the Mac (the one on the same level as Applications.)>Application Support>Adobe>Photoshop Elements>8.0>Locale>en-us.

Wendy

"

Old October 15th, 2009, 03:54 AM
Senior Contributor

Wendy i dont have pse8 but that was such a nice thing for you to do. I may need it someday. (lol).

JUDY windows 7 pro- cs5 on 64bit os

Old October 20th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Enlightened Elder

Bump ...

Is there anyone using XP or Vista that could check these out please

Wendy

"

Old October 20th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Casual Forum User

I have installed them on my XP but not my Vista yet. It worked well on the XP with no problems. However here is tip for the Window users. You do have to make sure your Hidden Files view is active.
Old October 20th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Enlightened Elder

Oh thanks Bill

So glad that they worked OK ..

Wendy

"

Old October 31st, 2009, 01:24 PM
New Forum User

Problem with Grants tools

HI,
I am using Win XP and trial version of PE8. Installation of the tools seemed to go well, but I don't find the tools in the editor. I had no problem when I used the mask in PE5 or PE7.
Old October 31st, 2009, 02:00 PM
Enlightened Elder

Hi Barney ..

Try deleting the mediadatabase again and see if it works this time ... also there is a thumbsdatabase ... so try deleting that too.

Wendy

"

Old November 2nd, 2009, 08:32 AM
New Forum User

Thanks Wendy, they work a treat on my Mac.