Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Mac-specific Elements Questions

Old October 5th, 2009, 01:16 AM
New Forum User

Reduce the screen size from full screen

is there a way of reducing the screen size for PSE 6.

I have not had an issue about this but recently i was trying to reduce the PSE size.
It currently is full screen and I was wondering if there is a size reduction.

I briefly checked the help area but did not see anything.

I just ordered PSE 8, not sure if the same question and answer will apply.

Hope my question is not one of those "it is so obvious right in front of you all the time" answers.
I am not the best at figuring stuff out that I do not see written somewhere.

Greg
Old October 5th, 2009, 02:37 AM
Senior Contributor

Elements 6 always clings to the edges of your screen. The best you can do is to go the preferences>general and turn off Fill Workspace Background, which at least lets you get to your desktop through the middle of the PSE window.

PSE 8 is resizable.

Last edited by Barbara Brundage; October 5th, 2009 at 02:40 AM.
Old October 11th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Frequent Contributor

If for any reason I want to access my desk top while I have pse6 open, I hold down control-command and the letter h. It is a little nuisance but it justs hides pse, not closing it, keeping every thing as it is. Hit the photoshop icon and it opens again. BillandCat

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old October 12th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Senior Contributor

I use the same method as Barbara as it enables me to read a tutorial while working on a pic. Another option for mac users is to set active corners so that can see all open windows at once just by mousing over the corner. Just spotlight dashboard and expose to find the ap to set up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old October 13th, 2009, 04:22 AM
Enlightened Elder

I use the same method as Barbara too ... having a back to the workspace just makes me feel too closed in

Wendy

"