Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old September 15th, 2009, 10:46 AM
New Forum User

Dual Monitors

How can I set ELEMENTS 7 to take best advantage of my dual monitors?

Thank You,
Joe
Old September 15th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Enlightened Elder

Hi Joe ..

... and welcome to the Village

I donlt use dual monitors but hopefully one of the forum members who does will be able to advise you.

Wendy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"

Old September 15th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Senior Contributor

Welcome. That sure would come in handy when following a tutorial. Put the tutorial on one screen a what you are creating on the other. I like the idea!

JUDY windows 7 pro- cs5 on 64bit os

Old September 15th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Frequent Contributor

I LOVE having two monitors, and don't know how I could possibly live with only one now that I've been spoiled with 2 for so long. I put my catalog on one screen and the editor on the other. And as Judy suggested, when I want to follow a tutorial (written or video), I put it on one screen and work on the other.

Canon Rebel xsi
PSE 8
Windows 7
Old September 15th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Known Forum User

What operating system are you on?
Old September 15th, 2009, 01:15 PM
New Forum User

I am using Win7 Pro and Elements 7
I want the image I am editing in on one screen and the tool pallets on the other screen. Anyway to set this up ?
Old September 15th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Senior Contributor

I am not sure if you can do that.

JUDY windows 7 pro- cs5 on 64bit os

Old September 15th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Senior Contributor

theMezz

Have both Monitors ON.
Open Photoshop Elements 7 Full Editor in one of the Monitors.
With the mouse cursor, click on the top (docking area) of the Toolbar, holding down on the mouse, drag the Toolbar from Monitor to Monitor. (You can do this with other palettes, such Effects, Layers,...)

Important thing to remember is what you just did. Panic can set in if you open Photoshop Elements Full Editor with only one Monitor ON and cannot find the palette that you moved previously and did not return to the Monitor from which it came.

Now after you do all that and perhaps have a less desirable workspace and want to get back to "normal" for one Monitor, use the Window Menu/Reset Palette Locations.

Hope that helps.

ATR
(Windows XP Professional SP3)
Old September 15th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Known Forum User

I do as the two posts above say...

I have Editor on my primary monitor that is calibrated and then I have Organizer on another. My palettes are on the second monitor (over the Organizer) when editing and I can of course click back and forth to select pictures from the Organizer. I left the toolbar on my primary monitor just due to distance to have to go to click on tools from my editing workspace. I am using XP and have had no major problems.
I hope in PSE 8 they find somewhere to put the 'Full', 'Quick' and 'Guided' edit tabs in Editor so that I can use the whole workspace. You can close it, but as soon as you open a new picture or bring one into add to project, it goes back to open.
Old September 15th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Frequent Contributor

What I wish is that you could open two catalogs at once. I have all my scrapping elements in one catalog and all my photos and layouts in another, and I have to move back and forth between them all the time. It would be a lot more convenient if they could both be open at the same time.

Canon Rebel xsi
PSE 8
Windows 7