Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old September 14th, 2009, 10:49 PM
New Forum User

Question Removing wire fence from photos

I had recently taken some pictures at the zoo, and some of the pictures have the animals behind a wire fence. Depending on the zoom and aperture settings I used, some of the pictures have the wire mesh very distinctly, while in others its more hazy. Is there a way in photoshop elements to get rid of this? I tried using the clone tool, but wasnt very successful in removing the wire meshed fence from my pictures.

Thanks in advance for your help
Old September 14th, 2009, 11:14 PM
Senior Contributor

You won't be able to remove in photoshop. The key to shooting through mesh is to use an aperture in the 2.8-5.6 range on a telephoto lens that is place quite close to the mesh. Will likely need to focus manually as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old September 15th, 2009, 12:22 AM
Casual Forum User

You could try a plugin called wire worm.

Check out MV's plugins
Mike
Old September 15th, 2009, 01:56 AM
Enlightened Elder

Hi happyncool ...

... and welcome to the Village

Wire is the very devil to remove ... usually its a matter or zooming in close and trying to clone over it but its very difficult to get a good result.

Wendy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"

Old September 15th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Casual Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyncool View Post
Is there a way in photoshop elements to get rid of this?
Yes, it can be done...check out the lioness in my Elements gallery. There was a chain link fence across the whole picture because I couldn't get close enough to block out the fence, I removed it using the clone tool. It was very labor intensive but I'm quite pleased with the result.

&
Old September 16th, 2009, 01:14 PM
New Forum User

Thanks! The wire worm tool seems to be doing the trick. It takes quite a bit of patience, but its well worth it.

Tags
removing unwanted areas