Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old September 12th, 2009, 07:53 AM
New Forum User

"All Caps" problem -- Help???!!!!

Folks,

Need some help very soon. I have been struggling with this issue from the past couple of weeks you could say. I got the Photoshop Elements 7.0 with my Sony VAIO. The problem that i am facing is that, all the text are coming in capitol letters. The Caps lock is off and i am not pressing the shift key to type the text. It's happening with all the fonts. After googling alot i found out that there is an option called "All Caps" in Photoshop which makes the photoshop behave in this way. I am not finding a way to disable it. In some website they said i need to select the layer in which my text is there and use effects to disable it, but i don't seem to have that "effect" which disables the "All Caps" in my photoshop. Any kinda of help would be greatly appreciated as soon as possible guys.
Old September 12th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Senior Contributor

thereddevi, I'm not familiar with PE7 but you may get some insight on this link.
They offer a lot more info on PE7 that you may be interested in.
In the mean time I'm sure some PC member is on the way to help you solve your problem.

http://simplephotoshop.com/elementsplus/en_US/caps.htm
Old September 12th, 2009, 08:43 AM
Known Forum User

All CAPS...

Have you tried to Reset Tool (little down arrow on left of task bar)?
to use, select Text Tool and then click on reset arrow and select Reset Tool or Reset All tools.
Old September 12th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Senior Contributor

I would assume that is NOT a default condition, so resting preferences by using the three fingered start-up might help.

Hold down the CTRL, ALT and Shift keys all at the same time as you start Elements. Answer YES to the dialog about resting/deleting preferences.

Jeff
Old September 12th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Perry View Post
I would assume that is NOT a default condition, so resting preferences by using the three fingered start-up might help.

Hold down the CTRL, ALT and Shift keys all at the same time as you start Elements. Answer YES to the dialog about resting/deleting preferences.

Jeff
Jeff,

I think you meant to say "resetting preferences" - just to clarify for thereddevil

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Canon 60D * Canon XSi
Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4 DC Macro OS * Sigma 150-500 f5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM
Canon 18-55 IS Kit Lens * Canon 70-300 f4-6.3 IS USM * Canon 580EX II
PSE10 / PSE11
Windows 7 Home Premium - i7
Old September 12th, 2009, 11:11 PM
Senior Contributor

Thanks, for the correction. Fast fingers and poor typing skills, I'm afraid.

Jeff
Old September 13th, 2009, 04:52 AM
New Forum User

@Frank
i have went through that web site before too dude, but the problem is, in my effect tab of PSE7, i can't find the "text effect".....

@Jeff and clemsonjim
Thanks a ton guys, both these method indeed worked ...... the only problem is that for the already existing PSD files the preferances are not reset . I did some trial & error and succeded in copying some text from the new preferance and replaced in my existing PSD and it seems to be working fine. If you guys know exactly where you can change this "All Caps" preferance manually then please let me know. Thanks in Advance
Old September 13th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Known Forum User

All Caps

Glad you got the problem for the future solved. I wish I had a way to help with the 'Past' issues or old files. I have Elements+ which is a set of actions based on things that work in Photoshop but, are hidden in PSE. This set has some actions that can change upper/lower case to ALL CAPS or small caps, but I tried to set some lines in ALL CAPS and use the action upper/lower to change, but it would not work.
Unless someone knows a way to do it, I'm afraid you will have to change(retype) the old files you need to change.
Old September 14th, 2009, 01:25 AM
New Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonjim View Post
Glad you got the problem for the future solved. I wish I had a way to help with the 'Past' issues or old files. I have Elements+ which is a set of actions based on things that work in Photoshop but, are hidden in PSE. This set has some actions that can change upper/lower case to ALL CAPS or small caps, but I tried to set some lines in ALL CAPS and use the action upper/lower to change, but it would not work.
Unless someone knows a way to do it, I'm afraid you will have to change(retype) the old files you need to change.
Oh!!! that's really bad ..... if anyone has any idea then please let us know guys... it would be a pain to update all my PSDs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks.
Old October 28th, 2009, 10:54 AM
New Forum User

All caps stuck!

Looks like I'm yet another victim of the uppercase problem
I am using PSE7 (on Vista) and while typing text I found only upper case letters appear. I have searched all the threads and tried everything - resetting tools; holding down CTRL+ALT+SHIFT when starting the Editor but nothing works. While doing the three-key trick I actually don't get the delete preferences box - I get a box that says "Scratch Disk Preferences with first, second, third and fourth discs listed (drop down options in each for Startup, C:\ and D:\) and there are only two window options OK or cancel. If I select OK the PSE startup fails altogether! HELP