Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old January 28th, 2005, 06:48 PM
New Forum User

Text tool doesn't work

The text tool in Elements has stopped working. I click the T, then click in the document and start typing, and no text appears. Any idea why this might be happening?

Thanks.
Old January 28th, 2005, 06:51 PM
Senior Contributor

After selecting the text tool youl see a little ' T ' icon in top left. Click on that then you'll see 'reset tool'...click on that.

It could also be that the color of the text is the same color that you are typing on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old January 28th, 2005, 06:56 PM
Enlightened Elder

Another thing to check is that your text is large enought to show up on the image .. and check that your text isn't obscured by an opaque layer above it.

Wendy
Old January 28th, 2005, 07:07 PM
New Forum User

Well, this is certainly interesting.

I opened another image and tried typing on it and had no problem, but I can't type on the image I WANT to type on.

The image I want to type on is a JPG with only one layer. Resetting the tool does no good. The text is large enough and the color is black.

Caleb
Old January 28th, 2005, 07:13 PM
Enlightened Elder

Caleb,

Sometimes I have had a similar thing happen and Saving the file then reopening it has worked.

If not and its just one layer I would simply do Select>All, Edit>Copy.

Then create a new file (which will be the right size because you have done Copy)
Finally Edit>Paste.

Wendy
Old January 28th, 2005, 07:20 PM
New Forum User

I have other programs that I can use to apply text, so it isn't worth it to go through all that. I am still using an evaluation version and would like to buy it because it has three filters that work better than the comparable filters in Paint Shop Pro -- but Elements is poorly designed and very buggy.

Caleb
Old January 28th, 2005, 07:55 PM
New Forum User

Making text BIGGER

I have a max of 72 on my text print size. Is it because of my resolution, or is it something else, that the text-even at 72(max) is small? Thx..
Steve
Old January 29th, 2005, 04:29 AM
Enlightened Elder

Steve,

It could be the font but also it could simply be your document size and resolution. To check that just open it in Elements then do Image>Resize>Image size ... make a note of the Document size Width, Height and Resolution then click on cancel. I think that you will find it is quite large.

Wendy