Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Mac-specific Elements Questions

Old August 4th, 2009, 06:21 PM
New Forum User

PSE6 Book?

Greetings, has anyone discovered a good book that has information on using PSE6 for Mac OSX?
Old August 4th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Senior Contributor/IOW Coordinator

PSE 6 Book

Hi,

I'm new to this site but I have found the PSE 6 book for digital photographers by Scott Kelby and Matt Kloskowski to be a wonderful resource. Has anyone recommended this book to you? There is also a posting on youtube that I have found helpful. You should be able to find it by going to[URL="www.jackstechcorner.com He shows you how to use many of the functions of the program, and while far from professional, I did find his videos helpful when I was just getting acquainted with the program...PE6 is my first photoshop program. Hope this helps!!!
Old August 4th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Frequent Contributor

the "holy bible" has to be "Photoshop Elements 6 for Mac" - part of the Missing Manual Series - by Barbara Brundage.
~bruce.
Mac Pro Quad Core w/ 4 internal HDs, macbook (white), ipod nano, ipod touch (2nd gen), Epson Artisan 810, epson workforce 40, epson photo R1900, 750 GB OWC Mercury Elite Hard drive external, fuji S602z, Nikon D90 w/ Tamron 18-270; Nikon D7100 w/ Nikon 18-300 lens. NewerTechnology 500GB external hard drive, and a partridge in a pear tree.
Old August 4th, 2009, 11:49 PM
Known Forum User

Bruce
I agree. I've found it to be most helpful.
agg
Old August 5th, 2009, 04:00 AM
Enlightened Elder

Hi blazeyellow ...

... and welcome to the Village

You won't find any books that are specifically written for the Mac and Elements but there are so little differences between the Mac and Windows versions that it doesn't matter.

Barbara's book is fantastic ... its full of great info and the book by Matt & Scott is really good too. Why not visit a local book shop and browse through them

Wendy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"

Old August 5th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy View Post
Hi blazeyellow ...

You won't find any books that are specifically written for the Mac

Wendy
Well, actually, Wendy, that's why the title of mine says, "For Mac", you know.

But I agree that it doesn't make a lot of difference where editing is concerned. You can use any book if you substitute command for Ctrl and Option for Alt and ignore any references to organizer.
Old August 5th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Enlightened Elder

Oh sorry Barbara ...

I forgot about that

Wendy (hanging head in shame)

"

Old August 5th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Known Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Brundage View Post
Well, actually, Wendy, that's why the title of mine says, "For Mac", you know.

But I agree that it doesn't make a lot of difference where editing is concerned. You can use any book if you substitute command for Ctrl and Option for Alt and ignore any references to organizer.
That's why I like "Photoshop Elements 6 for Mac". Everything is there. Some books don't even mention Mac, and having to substitute, and to ignore references to organizer somehow make me feel like a "second class citizen". I wouldn't be without it. (Thanks, Barbara!)
agg