Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old June 21st, 2009, 03:43 PM
New Forum User

Smile Converting from PSE to JPEG

Hi, I'm using PSE 7 for the first time (actually I'm using PSE for the first time) so I've no idea what I'm doing. Anyway, I have edited a photo in the editor and I've saved it. It saves in .pse format. Try as I can I can't find a drop down to allow me to save as a jpeg. The only drop down is save as pse and save as pdf. Help!

Bilham
Old June 21st, 2009, 04:01 PM
Senior Contributor

Try having the image displayed then go to the top of the screen 'File' then
select 'Save AS' in that window you should see a selection menu that includes .jpg .... Tom

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old June 21st, 2009, 04:11 PM
Enlightened Elder

Hi Bilham ...

... and welcome to the Village

Wendy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"

Old June 21st, 2009, 04:43 PM
New Forum User

Smile converting pse to jpeg

Thanks and thanks for the welcome.

I've managed it. I think also I needed to open it up not as a project?? Anyway, I've now got a jpeg version but I'm not wholly sure how I did it as the first few times I opened it up there was no "save as" facility - weird.
Old June 22nd, 2009, 04:32 PM
Known Forum User

PSE file format only used for projects...

Sounds like you are opening a photo and then choosing 'Create' to make a photo collage . Once you do that and add a page it saves the file in the .pse format. (I believe this and possibly the Photo book is the only time Elements saves in the .pse format) If you look in the folder that contains your .pse file, you will see a folder that has a normal Photoshop file (.psd) for each page in your project.
If you are just working on single or multiple photos on one page, I would just begin with a 'new file' in Editor and then you can work in .psd format and then save in any format you want. This will keep all the adjustments, layers, type, etc where you can come back to it later if you need to. Save the psd file and keep it (disc space is cheap) and do a save as into whatever file format you want for emailing, sending out for prints, etc.