Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old May 26th, 2009, 09:14 AM
New Forum User

How to RESET the effects

I accidentally deletes 2 bevel options and want to bring them back.
Any idea how to do that?

Thanks! Amy

EtA: I use PSE 6
Old May 26th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Senior Contributor

Hi Amy,

You could try the suggestion from this previous thread to see if it works for you:

http://www.elementsvillage.com/forum...ad.php?t=32302

If not, you'll probably have to reinstall.

Good Luck.

Diana

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Itís not happy people who are thankful, itís thankful people who are happy.

~ Canon 5D Mark II ~ Canon Rebel XTi ~ EF70-200 f/2.8L ~ EF85 f/1.8 ~ EF24-70 f/2.8 ~ EF 24-105 f4 L IS ~ EF 50mm f/1.8 II ~ Canon PowerShot S95 ~ Canon PowerShot SX50 HS ~ Windows 7 ~ PSE 11 & 12 ~ PS CC ~ Lightroom5 ~ Pro Show Producer ~ Corel Painter X ~ Printers: Canon Pixma Pro9500 Mark II, HP Deskjet 882C, HP LaserJet 1200 ~
Old May 26th, 2009, 10:06 AM
New Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana View Post
Hi Amy,

You could try the suggestion from this previous thread to see if it works for you:

http://www.elementsvillage.com/forum...ad.php?t=32302

If not, you'll probably have to reinstall.

Good Luck.

Diana

Looks like I'm going to have to re-install. bummer. Thanks for your suggestion.
Old May 26th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Enlightened Elder

Hi ...

Rebuilding the database should restore the bevels layer styles ... did you try that ??

Wendy

"

Old May 26th, 2009, 04:17 PM
New Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy View Post
Hi ...

Rebuilding the database should restore the bevels layer styles ... did you try that ??

Wendy
I tried to follow the instructions in this post, but got stuck. Maybe because I'm using Vista? Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfredd
If this is Elements 6, then try rebuilding the editor's database.

1 - Shut down Elements

2 - Go to (assuming XP) c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\6.0\Locale\en_US

(If you aren't in the US, use the appropriate Locale)

Note that the "Application Data" is a hidden directory, so you will have to enable "Show hidden files and folders" in the Folder Options in order to be able to see it.

3 - You should see a file named MediaDatabase.db3. Rename the file to something else, such as MediaDatabase.old

4 - Restart the Elements Editor. You will see it rebuilding the database. After a while, all things should be back to normal.
Old May 26th, 2009, 04:29 PM
New Forum User

I've gotten as far as the en_US folder, but there is no file named mediadatabase.db3. I did turn on "Show hidden files and folders, but nothing changed.
Old May 26th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Senior Contributor

Hi,

If you have Vista, look for the mediadatabase.db3 in this path:

C:\ ProgramData\ Adobe\ Photoshop Elements\ 6.0\ Locale\ en_US\

PSE7,10,11,12,13 (Windows 7 64-bit)

"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." -- Mark Twain
Old May 26th, 2009, 07:15 PM
New Forum User

It worked!
It worked!
It worked!

THANK YOU!!!
Old May 27th, 2009, 03:26 AM
Enlightened Elder

Hi ...

So pleased that you now have them back

Wendy

"