Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Premiere Elements

Old May 10th, 2009, 12:19 AM
New Forum User

How to add new fonts for Premiere Elements?

Hi,

I need to use some new Chinese fonts in Premiere Elements 7. I used Vista English version, and already installed these Chinese fonts, but I can't find them in Premiere Elements 7. These fonts can be use in other appliations such as MS Work.

Any Advise? Thank you.

James.
Old May 10th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Senior Contributor

James

Have not done this, so I need to do some homework on the topic of installing these fonts in Windows and application of that font to Adobe products.

But, question that comes up....
Quote:
These fonts can be use in other appliations such as MS Work.
Do you mean Microsoft Word? And, do you have a keyboard with English or Chinese characters? If English, how are you using the keyboard to type Chinese characters?

To be continued....

ATR
Old May 10th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Senior Contributor

James,

I have had no luck coming up with an answer to your question yet. But, I have more questions and will update you on my searching....

Questions.
1. How are you going to use the Chinese Font in Premiere Element IF it is supported there? Titles and/or DVD Templates and other?
2. What is the complete description (Traditional/Simplified/Open/True....) of the new Chinese Font that you have installed in your Vista and that you can get to work in Microsoft Word?
3. You did say that you have installed the English version of Premiere Elements 7. What is the language that you are using for the Vista Operating System, Chinese or English? In other words, the prior Windows fonts, are they English or Chinese?

I have found some miscellaneous topics which may or may not give us a clue....one is...Premiere Element DVD Templates come in different languages, but will only open the DVD Template version whose language corresponds to the language set up for Premiere Elements in the installation process.

I will continue to see if I can come up with any worthwhile answer. If you are in immediate need of an answer...either go or no go..., you might want to post your question in the Premiere Elements User to User Forum at Adobe
http://www.adobeforums.com

Whatever you decide, please update us on your progress.

ATR
Old May 11th, 2009, 01:51 AM
New Forum User

Hi ATR,

Thanks for your time.

Yes, I meant Microsoft Word. I use Chinese Keyboard, that can be set up by Languege Bar in Vista, to type Chinese characters. By this way, the English character combinations will be convert to Chinese words. (ie. "pym hid" will be converted to "Video" in Chinese).

James

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATR View Post
James

Have not done this, so I need to do some homework on the topic of installing these fonts in Windows and application of that font to Adobe products.

But, question that comes up....

Do you mean Microsoft Word? And, do you have a keyboard with English or Chinese characters? If English, how are you using the keyboard to type Chinese characters?

To be continued....

ATR
Old May 11th, 2009, 02:15 AM
New Forum User

1. I'm going to use the Chinese fonts in both Titles and DVD Templates.
2. The new fonts I just installed are TrueType Simplified Chinese.
3. Both Vista and Adobe Premiere Elements 7 are English version.

I tried almost all fonts that already listed in Premiere Elements 7. At last, I found the following fonts are Chinese fonts:

DFKai-SB
Pming-Liu
Microsfot JhengHei
MingLiu
Adobe Heiti Std
Adobe Song Std
By-JOSSQ-DMF-in Beijing
Microsoft YaHei
NSSimSun
SimHei
SimSun

However, I didn't find the new fonts I just installed. If there is any way to add more fonts, that will be great!

I really appreciate your reply. Waiting for your good news.

Thanks,

James.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATR View Post
James,

I have had no luck coming up with an answer to your question yet. But, I have more questions and will update you on my searching....

Questions.
1. How are you going to use the Chinese Font in Premiere Element IF it is supported there? Titles and/or DVD Templates and other?
2. What is the complete description (Traditional/Simplified/Open/True....) of the new Chinese Font that you have installed in your Vista and that you can get to work in Microsoft Word?
3. You did say that you have installed the English version of Premiere Elements 7. What is the language that you are using for the Vista Operating System, Chinese or English? In other words, the prior Windows fonts, are they English or Chinese?

I have found some miscellaneous topics which may or may not give us a clue....one is...Premiere Element DVD Templates come in different languages, but will only open the DVD Template version whose language corresponds to the language set up for Premiere Elements in the installation process.

I will continue to see if I can come up with any worthwhile answer. If you are in immediate need of an answer...either go or no go..., you might want to post your question in the Premiere Elements User to User Forum at Adobe
http://www.adobeforums.com

Whatever you decide, please update us on your progress.

ATR
Old May 11th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Senior Contributor

James,

I will study your details further later tonight and let you know if I made any progress with finding a definite answer for you.

ATR
Old May 11th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Frequent Contributor

Usually if you add new fonts to your system Adobe products have access to them and they show up in the software automatically.

Sometimes this doesn't work for one reason or another. You can try copying the new fonts from the Windows Fonts folder to the "Program Files/Common Files/Adobe/Fonts" folder. This has worked in the past for many. The fonts should be True Type for best results, however OTF works also.

If you have Photoshop Elements check to see if the fonts are available there also. If they don't show up in any Adobe application then try copying them to the Adobe Fonts folder as described above. If they show up in other Adobe programs, just not Premiere Elements, then remove the fonts and try installing the them again.
Old May 11th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Senior Contributor

James,

I will delay looking into this further until you work through CE's suggestions and see if any is the answer to your issue.

If not, I will resume researching the issue.

Good luck.

ATR
Old May 11th, 2009, 11:17 PM
New Forum User

Hi CE / ATR,

As CE's suggestion, I copied .ttf font file to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Fonts\. and it do works!

Thank you CE and ATR so much!

James
Old May 12th, 2009, 05:49 AM
Senior Contributor

James

I was very happy with your success. I have never gotten involved with use of varied languages in Premiere Elements and fonts, so your thread and its final outcome were very interesting.

CE

Good job with your suggestions that led to resolution of the issue.

ATR