Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old April 21st, 2009, 06:02 PM
New Forum User

Where is the Undo Button??

Could someone please tell me where the "undo button" is in CS4??? I don't know if I am ready for CS4!
Old April 21st, 2009, 07:20 PM
Senior Contributor

There is no "Undo" button in CS4 like there is in Elements.

You can type Ctrl+Z is the keyboard combo for Undo, which if hit more than once will cycle you back and forth between the last two "events". Alt+Ctrl+Z is the Undo (Step Backward) that keeps going bacward one step for each type you punch it.

I guess Adobe thought an Undo button was too, well, Element(al). :-)

Jeff

P.S. you can also use the same functions under the Edit menu.
Old April 21st, 2009, 08:00 PM
New Forum User

Thannnnnnnnnk You! I am going back to Element 7! I see right now that CS4 is not for rooty-poots like me! LOL
Old April 21st, 2009, 08:13 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgriff View Post
Thannnnnnnnnk You! I am going back to Element 7! I see right now that CS4 is not for rooty-poots like me! LOL
No, don't do that! PSE 7 is fine software, but don't avoid CS4 just because you couldn't find a feature/option/button. Use them both...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old April 21st, 2009, 10:55 PM
New Forum User

Okkkkkkkk, I will try it again...I get so frustrated. Where is the photo bin?arrrrrrrr
Old April 22nd, 2009, 02:26 AM
Enlightened Elder

Hi ..

There isn't any Photobin ... that wasn't in the original versions of Elements either they added it later.

As far as Undo goes I find it much easier to use the History Palette ... that way you can step back as many or as few steps as you wish

Wendy

"

Old April 22nd, 2009, 02:57 PM
Senior Contributor

Hi Pri I have CS2 - largely unexplored.

I would like to have Ctrl+Z to keep repeating like it does in Elements.
So.............. I just change the Alt+Ctrl+ Z to -----> Ctrl+Z ??

I would like to understand completely before I make the change!
Being a chicken when making changes.

Thanks

-

PSE 5 & PSE 10 & CS 2 -Windows 7 Home Premium - Marie S

In order to experience your dreams you must believe they are necessary. ~ Gregg Chenoweth
Things won are done; the soul's joy lies in the doing. ~ Shakespeare
Old April 23rd, 2009, 12:57 AM
Enlightened Elder

Hi ...

Yes that is just fine ... one of the great advantages of Photoshop is that you can change the shortcuts to things you prefer

Wendy

"

Old April 28th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Senior Contributor

Hi, I did try to edit the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Alt+Z (the claw)to just Ctrl+Z.
It is not working for me.
What am I missing?
I can delete the existin shortcut but can't enter a new one
Can anyone give me details?
Thank you!
mks

-

PSE 5 & PSE 10 & CS 2 -Windows 7 Home Premium - Marie S

In order to experience your dreams you must believe they are necessary. ~ Gregg Chenoweth
Things won are done; the soul's joy lies in the doing. ~ Shakespeare
Old April 29th, 2009, 02:06 AM
Enlightened Elder

Hi ...

Its Edit>Keyboard shortcuts ..

The Photoshop Defaults>Applications Menus

The you can either create your own set by Clicking on the New Set Button
or just modify the existing one.
Click on the Shortcut column of the one you want to change
Then press they keys that you want to become the new shortcut.

You will have to change the existing Ctrl+Z shortcut to something else before you can do it.

... and If you made a new set then you will have to save it.

Wendy

"