Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > More > Pixel Hangout

Old November 20th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Frequent Contributor

365 Photo Challenge in 2009

I was wondering if anyone is considering doing this challenge in 2009? I think that I want to try, and it is much more fun if several people are doing it together.

Here is the link to the blog where the original idea came from:

http://dogearedphotos.blogspot.com/

If you would like to try, post here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old November 20th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Senior Contributor

Clara -

Thanks for the link ... I think. I wondered if there was going to be a 2009 version, and will certainly give it thought.

I've been doing this for 2008, and I'll strongly endorse it as a great challenge for anyone who is trying to train their eyes to constantly look for the shots. It's not easy, but it is a great tool and a lot of fun.

I hope a lot of villagers will consider giving it a try.

Bill

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old November 20th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Senior Contributor

Clara, I'm in!! I've been looking at the 2008 pics and thought it would be fun to give it a try. Hope more Villagers join in.

EDIT: Did you look at the 12 of 12 Challenge?

PSE 11/Lightroom 4/Topaz Filters/Perfect Photo Suite 7
Mac Mountain Lion 10.8.2
iPhone 5/Nikon D80

Last edited by mljrbg; November 20th, 2008 at 11:19 AM.
Old November 20th, 2008, 10:54 AM

I can second what Bill said about the challenge. I found it was a great way to motivate myself to get out and take photos. It challenged me to develop my technique and to see ordinary things from a different perspective. If you get a great group of people together supporting each other, it can be a lot of fun. And a good way to learn the ins and outs of blogging too.

All that said, this year I made it all the way until September with more than 200 of the 366 themes completed. I didn't have the stamina that some of the other participants had and called it quits at that point. But, it was a tremendous experience...

Clara, since 2009 isn't a leap year, give yourself a break and go for 365 photos and not 366!

Click
for my blog

Mac OS 10.9
PSE13, CS6, PSCC
Lightroom 5

Canon 5DmII, EF 24-105mm f/4L USM, EF 135mm f/2.0L USM, EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
Old November 20th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Frequent Contributor

I found a good web site that explains the concept of the 365 Challenge. I cannot find a new list of themes however. Maybe someone will come up with one before the first of the year.

http://photojojo.com/content/tutoria...a-photo-a-day/

In case you are considering it, I don't think that you HAVE to take a photo each day. You can take several on one day and then post them when you get ready. If you get behind and want to get caught up later, it is OK.

More later.

Old November 20th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Senior Contributor

This sounds like an inspiring challenge. I saw others doing it, but never investigated. But now I have a new camera, it becomes more interesting. I have a long way to go before feeling comfortable about what the camera can do, so need the experience.

Thanks for the links....I will follow up on them.
Adobe Photoshop 2014; CC; CS6, Lightroom 5.6, Premiere 13; Elements 13; Canon 70D; Canon EOS Digital Rebel T3i; Canon EF-S 18-55mm; Canon 55-250mm lens; Canon EF-70-300mm; Canon EFS 10-18mm Ultra Wide Angle lens; Canon EF-S60mm 1:2.8 USM macro lens.
Dell Studio XPS 9100, ATI Radeon HD5670 1 GB GDDR5, 1.5TB Serial ATA 2 Hard Drive 7200 RPM, 9GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz, Blu-ray 6X BD-R, DVD+/-RW Drive & 16X DVD+/-RW w/double layer write. Windows 7 (64)

Old November 20th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Casual Forum User

Im in! Ill definitely give it a shot!!
Old November 21st, 2008, 06:48 AM
Frequent Contributor

I'll give it a shot also...What a way to stretch the imagination.

Old November 21st, 2008, 07:02 AM
Senior Contributor

Count me in...

Old November 21st, 2008, 08:27 AM
Known Forum User

I'll try it!

"In some ways, you know, people that don't exist, are much nicer than people that do." - Lewis Carroll