Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Premiere Elements

Old July 11th, 2008, 12:02 AM
New Forum User

import avi or divx gives discoloration elements4

importing videos with avi uncompressed or divxcompressed codec 6.8.3 gives discoloration (purple) to the video, any suggestions why?
Ive changed the video settings from standard to compatable and tried other changes like in "playback settings" - software, none or hardware, and accelerated gpu effects.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg purple coloration on import.jpg (94.7 KB, 3 views)
Old July 11th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Senior Contributor

You should convert these files to DV AVI and then bring the DV AVI into Premiere Elements. Best way that I have found is to use the free program MPEG Streamclip as described in one of my replies to the following thread here:
http://www.elementsvillage.com/forum...ad.php?t=38831
If you do an online search, you will find this program highly recommended for dealing with a lot of files that pose a problem for Premiere Elements all the time or just from time to time.

In Premiere Elements 4, I have found the Auto Levels Effect (Under Video Effects) to be very useful in removing blue casts from some video that I took. This video was from my point and shot camera and in AVI MPEG4 format. I avoided the MPEG Streamclip conversion and obtained good video on the Timeline by applying Auto Levels effect to the video on the Timeline, followed by Auto Levels adjusts in Edit Effects/Properties/Auto Levels.

Let us know if any of that helped.

ATR
Old July 11th, 2008, 08:08 AM
Senior Contributor

Add on...as another non MPEG Streamclip route, have you looked at the Channel Mixer Effect in Premiere Elements 4?

But, from what you wrote, it does sound like a job for MPEG Streamclip.

ATR

Tags
avi`s, codecs, color, divx, importing avi