Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > More > Elements Village Challenges

Old June 29th, 2008, 12:02 AM
Senior Contributor

Photo theme #141

Let's play outside this week.

Thanks to ~Val in sunny Hawaii for suggesting this week's theme Roads, paths or trails. We'll hope to see some nice Hawaiian trails Val ... but no pressure.

Have fun with this one.

Bill

The fine print:
  • Everyone is invited to participate.
  • Because the purpose of the weekly theme is to get us more familiar with our cameras and to sharpen our photographic skills, entries should be taken during the week of the theme.
  • Photoshopping is allowed.
  • To make this thread more manageable to view, please post only your entries in this thread. Post your comments in the accompanying 'comment' thread.
  • Be creative and have fun!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old June 29th, 2008, 03:41 AM
Senior Contributor

It's only 10:40 here so I may be posting this before Bill puts up the challenge (ha), but here is a trail picture from Oahu...hiking up to Manolo Falls. I think these are banyan trees...very jungle-y hike, with hooting birds, bamboo forests, and wild pigs! (Too bad we didn't see any of those..)

Lots different than Illinois!

~Val

Canon Rebel T3i
18-270mm Tamron Lens
Old June 29th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Senior Contributor

This was taken this morning on the road heading into Portland. Not too much traffic on a Sunday ... just me and my weeds.

Bill

Last edited by billz; June 29th, 2008 at 12:06 PM.
Old June 29th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Frequent Contributor

A shot from a charity event. hmmm, I just might have to learn how to play golf.

Rob's new website

Old June 29th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Senior Contributor

Had to make a 6 am start to hike in Red Rock Canyon - 105 degrees later in the day here is Las Vegas.

Old June 29th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Senior Contributor

The end of the trail that leads to one of my favorite sulking rocks. On a clear day you can see Ellen's house forever.

You can always count on Americans to do the right thing-after they've tried everything else.

-Winston Churchill-
Old June 29th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Senior Contributor

I use this park for all of my "outdoor, woodsy" needs. It's secluded and very picturesque. hmmm... wonder where those stone steps lead? Maybe one day I'll find out!

Old June 29th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Senior Contributor

Where this path leads, no one knows! Northern Arkansas - one of my favorite outdoor places.

PSE 6, XP, and newly added Lightroom 3.6

"Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose." -Evan Esar 1899-1995
Old June 29th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Known Forum User

This is just off the road in Francis Park, Lansing, MI in the Autumn. I fell in love with the weird tree.

Carol
Old June 29th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Casual Forum User

Send a message via Yahoo to rvrbndr
Walkway leading up to the Lovejoy Monument and the view down, you can see the river...

Last edited by rvrbndr; June 29th, 2008 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Add 2nd picture