Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old November 3rd, 2005, 02:31 PM
New Forum User

how do I put 4 2x3 images on a 4x6 picture

I will be sending these to an online service to be printed. I know how to print individual 2x3s but want to make a new file with 4 2x3s on a 4x6 picture. Thanks for any help.
Old November 3rd, 2005, 02:40 PM
Senior Contributor

Hi yck,

Welcome to the forums...

:arrow: Create a new file (File > New > Blank File - 4 x 6 is a standard option)

:arrow: Make sure the Photo Bin is open.

:arrow: Open the four pictures that you want to add.

:arrow: For each of these photos, click on it in the Photo Bin to make it active, select the Move tool (Press V),left click-and-hold on the photo and then drag over new file in the Photo Bin. Release the mouse to insert the photo.

:arrow: Use the Move tool to position it correctly.

:arrow: Repeat this for the other three photos

Let us know how you get on...

Mike
Old November 3rd, 2005, 03:15 PM
New Forum User

Thanks for the reply MikeH, but I can't get it to work. I am able to set up the new file and get the photos into the bin, but when I move a photo from the bin into the new file, it 'covers' the entire area. Also, I seem to be having a problem keeping my photo bin open and where I can see it. It keeps disappearing on me, and keep needing to reopen it. Never had that problem until today. If it matters, I have PSE3. Thanks again.
Old November 3rd, 2005, 03:22 PM
Frequent Contributor

I am in Elements 2 and so have never had to contend with the photo bin.

Try copy and paste.

Set up your new 4 x 6 document.

Open one of the 2x3 photos. Select All. Edit>Copy.

Make your 4x6 document active. Edit>Paste.

Repeat for the other 3 2x3 s.

Use the move tool to position the layers as desired.
Old November 3rd, 2005, 03:24 PM
Senior Contributor

To keep the Photo Bin open, click on the arrow I have highlighted in the screen shot below:

http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?pi...fo6I9NDRPaeT8H

Quote:
Originally Posted by yck
I am able to set up the new file and get the photos into the bin, but when I move a photo from the bin into the new file, it 'covers' the entire area.
Check the resolution of the images and the new file - all need to be the same whether you use the method I posted or copy & paste.

Mike
Old November 3rd, 2005, 03:52 PM
Enlightened Elder

Sounds like a resolution problem to me

Wendy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"

Old November 3rd, 2005, 04:46 PM
New Forum User

Thanks everyone. I will keep trying. Checked resolution-all at 300 including the new file.
Old November 3rd, 2005, 05:09 PM
Enlightened Elder

Hi there ...

Then is sounds as though the images you are putting onto the new document are larger than 2 X 3.

OK then ... no great problem. Open up one of the images and do Image>Resize>Image Size ... check the size in there and if you have to resize the image.

Now try dragging it into your new document ...

Wendy

"