Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old November 3rd, 2005, 08:53 AM
Senior Contributor

Rectangular photo to a round one

How do I take a rectangular photo, make a round selection and then put it into a pse3 "create a card" with a wreath. I have been playing for hours and cant make it do what I want. Thanks oh wise friends!!
Old November 3rd, 2005, 09:02 AM
Enlightened Elder

Hi there ..

Well first create a new file for your card
File>New>Blank File and make it size, shape etc you want yout finished card to be.
Then open up the image that you want to make the selection from.
Use the Elliptical Marquee to make a selection (hold down the shift key if you want a perfect circle)
Now do Edit>Copy
Click on the new file you created and do Edit>Copy
Use the move tool to put the selection in place ...

Now you want to put a wreath on the image
Have you a clip art one or do you want to make one?

... if you do want to make one have you an images of something that you have in mind?

Wendy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"

Old November 3rd, 2005, 09:10 AM
Senior Contributor

just wondering....in the Organizer, create menu>card...is that what you are in ? I see one card template with a Christmas 'wreath'...is this the one you are trying to do ? This one puts your image in the wreath...behind it so only the part you want shows through.....or is there a different one you are trying to use ?

Old November 3rd, 2005, 09:45 AM
Enlightened Elder

Ahh ...

I never thought of Organiser ...

Wendy

"

Old November 3rd, 2005, 02:08 PM
Senior Contributor

Rectangle to Circle

Yes, Jodi, that is the one I am trying to do, but it puts my picture in front of the wreath, so I figured I needed a round photograph.
Thanks Wendy for your info. Jean
Old November 3rd, 2005, 02:38 PM
Senior Contributor

hmmm, actually it does put it behind...after you position the photo the way you want then click the 'next step' button which will then show it behind the wreath.

Old November 3rd, 2005, 04:22 PM
Senior Contributor

Rectangle to Circle

Jodi; You are so right, I just thought the step I was on was not showing what I wanted and didnt go any further.
Now I have the photo behind the wreath. It is saved in pdf file in the photo browser. But every time I click on the photo it comes back up in Create Card. I want to put it in My Pictures or Editor. How can I copy and paste it there, please.
Old November 3rd, 2005, 04:43 PM
Senior Contributor

When you saved the pdf file another copy should also have been saved on your hard drive somewhere...do you remember where it went when you clicked the save button ? My documents, my pictures ? Anyways, find the Adobe Reader file and double click to open it and then use the 'picture tasks' button and choose the 'edit' button which will open it Elements for you.

Old November 3rd, 2005, 04:47 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh, I'm sorry, that only opens the pic in editor...I knew I shouldn't have involved my big mouth in this since I don't use Organizer or the creations. I was going by testing memory. Someone else will have to see if you can actually edit this card as a whole. Sorry.