Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old November 2nd, 2005, 05:50 PM
Casual Forum User

Removing a double chin...

Yea, this is a great opportunity to embarass myself, however...
Does anyone know of a tutorial to help remove double chins?
I have this picture but could use some help on fixing the horrible double chin action going on here...
Thanks so much!!

http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?pi...Oj3JdulEszAYp1 ops:
Old November 2nd, 2005, 06:05 PM
Enlightened Elder

Hi there ...

OK then ... make a selection the top of the selection where you want the new chin line to be and the botton of it covering all the area that needs changing.

Now use the clone tool to clone away the area inside the selction ... then run the blur tool across the ne chin line (just to blend it in)

http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?pi...0rBxUHAlZLhqg1

Another way is to use liquify to push th chin line up ... but I think the clone tool would be best for this one

Wendy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"

Old November 2nd, 2005, 06:08 PM
Senior Contributor

It's a beautiful photograph of a beautiful woman and child. I wouldn't change a thing.

Old November 2nd, 2005, 06:18 PM
New Forum User

I like the photo. I think it is lovely.

I could do with a bit more hair on top, and I'm sure PSE could help me out.
But then it wouldn't be me...

I'm sure it is possible to "fix" the chin - but then again, it wouldn't be you.

I'll lieve it up to the experts.

Klaus
Old November 2nd, 2005, 06:29 PM
Enlightened Elder

Hi there ..

I have mixed feeling about this type of thing ... but if you look at this image then most of the "double chin effect" is actually caused by the way the neck is being held.

Wendy

"

Old November 2nd, 2005, 06:31 PM
Casual Forum User

Well this is me and my sweet little 2 yr old... so thank you for the compliments.

However... I have had this request several times from a particular client and I never thought it was possible until I read more and more on these boards and discovered that there is practically nothing that can't be done on PSE.
So I'm hoping if I can fix this little detail she will buy more pics!

I just submitted this pic because it was easy access and represented the best of what I'm trying to fix.

Thanks for the help everyone!
Old November 2nd, 2005, 06:33 PM
Casual Forum User

Wendy, you are correct. In fact when I first typed my request I had said that the double chin was caused because of the facial position, which is true. I just didn't end up including because I felt like it would be information overload.

Thanks again!
Old November 2nd, 2005, 06:40 PM
Enlightened Elder

Hi there ...

... if you need anymore help with this technique then just ask

Wendy

"

Old November 2nd, 2005, 06:57 PM
Senior Contributor

What a lovely photo!! It has such a beautiful look to it.