Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old April 10th, 2008, 12:30 PM
New Forum User

Will Photoshop elements put multiple pictures on one page

I need to create PDFs containing text and photos.

I need to be able to put 2 or 3 digital photos with captions and notations on each page. Then I need to make the "album" into a PDF with the report narrative.

I don't need any backgrounds!

I'd like something that has a template for the pictures if possible.

I already have Acrobat 8 to take care of the rest of it.

For that matter if I could find any type of a template that would print to a PDF that would work!

I tried to do it with a HP product that came with a printer, but It did every thing but print to a PDF file

Regards

Woody
Old April 10th, 2008, 12:36 PM
New Forum User

re: Will Photoshop elements put multiple pictures on one page

Umm, could you tell us what Operating system you are using and perhaps what platform?
Old April 10th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Senior Contributor

Woody,
I have a program, Printmaster v. 16 Platinum - DVD, I think that they are up to v.18. It is put out by Boderbund. I use it primarily for greeting cards, but it is really a type of print shop with many templates. One can insert picture files from disk, insert captions ("text box"), etc. File>save as PDF is available. Have a look at it.
Ken

PSE8, WIN7
Old April 10th, 2008, 04:16 PM
New Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambuchi View Post
Umm, could you tell us what Operating system you are using and perhaps what platform?
Sure, Windows 2000, Office 2000, Adobe Acrobat 8 standard, HP photo printing software last copyright was 2002. The HP Sw will do everything but only print 2 pages of an album to PDF.
Old April 10th, 2008, 04:32 PM
New Forum User

Ken,
Good, I'll give it a try! Does anybody know if V 18 will still do this? I have found that the latest and greatest does not always keep the features that one expressly buys the SW for.

Regards

Woody
Old April 10th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Frequent Contributor

I believe both Word and Publisher are included in Office? I would process the photos in PSE, then import them into Word or Publisher to add the text. Publisher would probably be my choice for your type of project but either would work and you can set up templates in both. You should be able to use Acrobat to convert the Word or Publisher document into a pdf.

PSE allows you to save as a pdf, but the text is converted to a graphic and the file size is larger. And PSE is not the greatest text handler and does not include spell check.

Since you have Acrobat, you shouldn't need it but PDF Redirect from http://www.exp-systems.com/ is a free program that is a pdf printer--it will print any document to a pdf file.
PS 6, Mac OS 9.2
PET Subscriber since July 2007

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old April 10th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Senior Contributor

In resply to the original question

Yes, you can create a pdf with photos and text with Elements. I just did my first pdf yesterday.

I used an 8.5x11 blank canvas added pictures and text and saved it as pdf. Saving as pdf allowed me to keep layers and yet emall the product to someone who did not have Photoshop installed.

To add alot of text to something you create in Elements, it's often easier to write your narrative in Word - and then copy/paste into your Elements page using a text box in Elements.

To use a text box - you select your text tool - select a smaller font size - drag and draw a box - then paste your narrative from Word into the text box. Text boxes can be manipulated with the bounding box - save as when you use the move tool.
Epson R1900; Epson NX430 Printers
Nikon Coolpix S8200 Camera

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.