Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Photography Discussions > Photography Techniques

Old April 10th, 2008, 06:57 AM
New Forum User

Burning an Image

Not PSE burn,but burn to a DVD+R.
I did'nt see a spot for this type of question so I put it here.

I hava a HP laptop,tried to use DVD-R but it would'nt do it,so I exchanged for DVD+R and it burns.

I have Complete CD Maker,and it does a good job burning to CD's.But the problem is I want to import sessions to the DVD and it wont do it.
I also have Burn4Free,but it's too hard to import.Only done it once with it and messed up 3 DVD's trying to figure it out.

What is a good but not too expensive burning program for images to DVD+R's?
One that I can import sessions to a DVD.

Thanks,
Old April 11th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Known Forum User

I have Nero and Sonic RecordNow. Both burn DVDs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Do what you love; love what you do.
Old April 13th, 2008, 12:10 AM
Senior Contributor

Stewartlittle

Could you clarify what you mean by "import sessions to a DVD"?

What is it that you want to burn to a DVD disc (file format, jpeg stills; video files; data files)? Are you referring to ripping content from a DVD-VIDEO? Or are you asking for a recommendation for a burn software that you could use with your HP laptop burner? Most laptop burner/software will play CDs and DVDs, but there are those that will only allow you to burn to CD, not DVD. Is the Complete CD Maker the burn software that came with a HP laptop CD/DVD burner setup?

I am curious about the DVD-R/DVD+R issue. Do the specifications for your hardware/software explain the cause of that issue?

Whatever your intent, please keep in mind that the hardware/software/player needs to be compatible with the disc type (CDR/RW, DVD+-R, etc.) as well as the format that is on the disc.

ATR
Old April 14th, 2008, 07:13 AM
New Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATR View Post
Stewartlittle

Could you clarify what you mean by "import sessions to a DVD"?
To burn a portion of JPEG images to a DVD+R,then as I take more photos add them to that same disc.I can do it with CD-R discs.

Quote:
What is it that you want to burn to a DVD disc (file format, jpeg stills; video files; data files)? Are you referring to ripping content from a DVD-VIDEO? Or are you asking for a recommendation for a burn software that you could use with your HP laptop burner? Most laptop burner/software will play CDs and DVDs, but there are those that will only allow you to burn to CD, not DVD. Is the Complete CD Maker the burn software that came with a HP laptop CD/DVD burner setup?
I guess I'm asking for a recomendation for software that will allow me to import sessions to the same DVD.Coplete CD Maker is something downloaded of the internet,it works good and is easy to use.Also have Burn4Free(that I dont like).This computer has RecordNow on it but I dont like it either,but I have'nt really tried using it for pictures.

Quote:
I am curious about the DVD-R/DVD+R issue. Do the specifications for your hardware/software explain the cause of that issue?
I got it used and dont have a manual for it.

Quote:
Whatever your intent, please keep in mind that the hardware/software/player needs to be compatible with the disc type (CDR/RW, DVD+-R, etc.) as well as the format that is on the disc.
I talked to a guy I at a wedding Saturday that I dont see that often and he said to try Roxio if I want to import to DVDs.He said that it sounds like the programs I have now are finallizing the DVD+R when it burns the first time,even though I dont have it set,it does it automaticlly.He also said to try a DVD+RW,that it should import where a DVD+R wont.

I hope you can understand all that.
Old April 14th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Known Forum User

Try http://www.cdburnerxp.se/. It's free and can handle multiple sessions. The guy you spoke to on Friday was correct except you don't need to use the more expensive DVD-RW discs. I burn multisession DVD +R/-R disc's all the time without any issues. I use Roxio software though, not freeware.

Mark

Old April 14th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Senior Contributor

stewartlittle,

Two of the burn softwares that I have are Nero and Record Now. Both can be used for one session or multisessions. It is just a matter of checking the appropriate option. You should be able to use DVD-R as well as DVD+R.

Since you already have Record Now, I will tell you how to get the job done. It is very easy. If you do not like it, then you can think about alternatives. Say the word, and I will type the instructions in my next post.

What do you think? I have Record Now (Version 7). Which version do you have?

ATR