Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > More > Pixel Hangout

Old January 27th, 2008, 12:00 AM
New Forum User

Photo Morph: man + woman = baby (?)

I've seen programs that will take a picture of two people, typically a man and a woman, and predict what their child might look like.

Is there a way to do this (easily) w/ PSE? If not, anybody know where I can find a program that can?
Old January 27th, 2008, 03:29 AM
Enlightened Elder

Hi ...

That sort of software is fairly high end and I would imagine comes with a price tag to match ... I did a search but couldn't come up with any links for you

Wendy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"

Old January 27th, 2008, 12:31 PM
New Forum User

Wendy,

Thanks for checking. Glad to see you're still a great resource to this forum.

Bob
Old January 27th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Senior Contributor

Version 6 does photomerge

In the guided edit section there is this possibility to some extent.
From the Help document:

Use Photomerge Faces to combine multiple facial features to create one composite face.
  1. <LI class=stepexpand>In the Editor, open all the face images you want to use as source images for the Photomerge Faces. <LI class=stepexpand>Choose File > New > Photomerge Faces. <LI class=stepexpand>Pick a face photo as your base image and drag it from the Project Bin to the Final window. <LI class=stepexpand>Click another image in the Project Bin and click the Alignment tool. Place the three alignment markers on the eyes and mouth on the source image and the final image and click Align Photos. <LI class=stepexpand>Click other photos in the Project Bin (color-coded to help you keep track) and use the Pencil tool to draw a line over the areas that you would like to merge into the final photo. To fine-tune the final image, use the Pencil tool to add additional content or the Eraser tool to remove content. <LI class=stepexpand>Set the following: Show Strokes Click this to show your Pencil strokes in the source image.
    Show Regions Click this to reveal the selected regions in the final image.
  2. Click Reset to start the process over, Done to complete the Photomerge Faces, or Cancel to close Photomerge Group Shot.
I don't know if it is what you are looking for, but if you have version 6, you can give it a try.
Adobe Photoshop 2014; CC; CS6, Lightroom 5.6, Premiere 13; Elements 13; Canon 70D; Canon EOS Digital Rebel T3i; Canon EF-S 18-55mm; Canon 55-250mm lens; Canon EF-70-300mm; Canon EFS 10-18mm Ultra Wide Angle lens; Canon EF-S60mm 1:2.8 USM macro lens.
Dell Studio XPS 9100, ATI Radeon HD5670 1 GB GDDR5, 1.5TB Serial ATA 2 Hard Drive 7200 RPM, 9GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz, Blu-ray 6X BD-R, DVD+/-RW Drive & 16X DVD+/-RW w/double layer write. Windows 7 (64)

Old January 27th, 2008, 04:50 PM

I have used Photomerge Faces in PSE6 and it does work well but won't work miracles and I think what the OP is asking for is just that. I don't think genetics would support being able to predict what a child would look like based on the parents. I know my sister and I look completely different

Tony
Old January 28th, 2008, 12:23 PM
New Forum User

Thanks... not looking for genetics insight as much as something with entertainment value. If George married Sally, this is what their child might look like. I've seen kiosks at amusement parks that can do this and was wondering if the same technology could be translated to the home.
Old January 28th, 2008, 12:24 PM
New Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by efarnstrom View Post
Use Photomerge Faces to combine multiple facial features to create one composite face.
This may be my motivation to upgrade to version 6.

Thanks!
Old January 28th, 2008, 01:44 PM

Thinking about it you probably would want morphing software. Never tried it but I think it would do what you want and it isn't expensive - around $25 for FantaMorph or Morpheus.

Tony
Old January 28th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Senior Contributor

I think this sort of software must be a disaster waiting to happen...........

People would start morphing their wife's face with the postman's and comparing the result to the family album........

Nick
Old January 28th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Senior Contributor

Nick