Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > More > Elements Village Challenges

Old December 20th, 2007, 10:39 PM
Senior Contributor

Here is my photo. I like this technique-thanks for finding it.
Martha

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PSE 7,
HP with Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 Bit
Rebel XTi 400D, Bamboo Fun
Old December 20th, 2007, 11:47 PM
Senior Contributor

Just had to try another one. I duplicated the background image twice. On the first duplicate I used Poster Edges. On the top image I used Graphic pen. I did the gradient on this layer and changed the blend mode to overlayl
Martha

PSE 7,
HP with Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 Bit
Rebel XTi 400D, Bamboo Fun
Old December 21st, 2007, 06:39 AM

One more where I used the technique on the background. Not too sure I like it but it was fun to play with

BTW that statue is about 30ft high and is in the new St Pancras station in London where the Eurostar high-speed trains to France now leave from.

Tony
Old December 21st, 2007, 03:17 PM
Frequent Contributor

Garlic cloves hanging inside a tent at a Garlic Festival. I used charcoal from the filter menu and applied a linear gradient

A fun technique

MacMini, PSE 12, Adobe Bridge CS4

"Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we can find information upon it." Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)
Old December 21st, 2007, 05:52 PM
Senior Contributor

That was a great one to practice with Lisa! Here's mine. I used the graphic pen to try out and a linear gradient on the pieces I wanted colored. Then I applied a deep yellow photo filter.

EF 100mm/f2.8 Macro USM
50mm f/1.4 USM

Last edited by nkeevers; December 21st, 2007 at 05:54 PM.
Old December 21st, 2007, 09:11 PM
Senior Contributor

Here's truffles from the photo theme with graphic pen on a dup set to lighten mode then a linear gradient mask. I think it looks like snow but did have brandy with the truffles.

PET Gallery

Old December 22nd, 2007, 06:55 AM
Frequent Contributor

Took this photo this halloween. Would like to use this technique to do a "rising out of the swamp" effect. Good fun, thanks Lisa.

Linear gradient and chrome filter.

"I have not lost my mind - it's backed up on disk somewhere."

Old December 22nd, 2007, 07:14 AM
Senior Contributor

I had a go using Bill's method for creating the concentric circles, somehow got it clipped to my image with mask and played about with blending modes to get these pretty colours

thanks for the tut Bill

Lisa
Old December 22nd, 2007, 07:28 AM
Senior Contributor

Here's the example using the striped gradient method to get the concentric circles, because the opacity varies at the edge of the stripes you don't get the clean cut edges that were in Bill's method, but you could (relatively) easily change that by making a b&w gradient of stripes without any opacity change at the edges.

Lisa
Old December 22nd, 2007, 07:50 AM
Senior Contributor

and PSE does have a smooth edged gradient suitable for this technique - it's in the default gradients and is called transparent stripes

Lisa